Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one or ps4

Options
  • 27-11-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Well, i was thinking of moving over to the next gen consoles and I was wondering which is the better choice, i do like the Xbox because of the controller, the exclusive games and because i have a good few friends on it but I'm also being drawn to the ps4 by some other friends saying its good (they have had Xbox one before) but I'm wondering which is the better choice seeing as they're the same price, any valid reasons are accepted and I don't want any fanboys in here, thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Better online interface on PS and Xbone has had the same teething issues the 360 had with relatively young consoles dying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DylanC431

GodlessM wrote: »
    Better online interface on PS and Xbone has had the same teething issues the 360 had with relatively young consoles dying out.

Well the Xbox one is picking up from its slump, hell, its outselling the ps4 but needless to say, what's the actual console like? Are there many sqeekies? What are the games worth getting? Is the controller as good as the Xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

GodlessM wrote: »

I haven't heard much about consoles dying out to be honest but I've just sold my PS4 and plan on picking up the white XO.
    In my opinion PSN is just not up to par when compared with Xbox Live.
    Xbox seems to have a lot more supports with the likes of apps.
    The twitch app on the PS4 example is very bare.

I think the multimedia aspect of XO is also an appeal to me now.

The PS4 has that advantage in regards of RAM but I know I'll never notice the difference in a game looking slightly better on Playstation 4 over Xbox One.

People usually say go for the exclusives you prefer so for me, I really should have gone for an XO from the beginning.

That being said maybe some day down the line I'll pick up a PS4 again. For now though I only want one console in my life and would recommend going for Xbox One.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

buy both

that's what I did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Im in the same boat as you OP, cant decide at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sonic Death Monkey

I was in the same boat.

Take a look at the exclusive games for both consoles and make your decision based on that.

I'm mainly interested in Uncharted, 1886: The Order and The Last of Us, so PS4 for me. Tomb Raider too. It's a only a timed exclusive on Xbox One so I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

I was in the same boat.

Take a look at the exclusive games for both consoles and make your decision based on that.

This. Personally I think the Xb1 has better exclusives than the PS4 at least at the moment anyway.

Convenient list here: http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

My only issue with the Xbox one is that it's filled with so much pointless junk that I will never use. For example the tv application. I want to play games not watch tv on my console. It's something I'd have a think about, as in what you want from the console. IMO the ps4 is a lot better for purely gaming whereas the Xbox one is an entertainment center more than just a gaming console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Unfortunately, these would-be very useful threads always deteriorate into tribal warfare, with fans of one console bashing fans of another & vice versa. Op, I'd suggest you look through this mess to try help you decide - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057075192

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement