Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan so full of S@1%

Options
  • 27-11-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

The footpaths in & around Callan have so much sh1t on them (dog/cat/other??)
    Surely not all loose animals?
    How hard for owners to pick it up

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Help!!!! wrote: »

Can't say I've noticed it being a massive issue on footpaths myself.

But I know Callan FC put signs up on the pitches on the fair green saying no dog walking as they were sick of cleaning up dog **** before matches/training, can't say I blame them.

Don't think I've ever seen a dog walker clean up after their dog

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Have to say I totally agree with you. Evenup the town.dirty bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Have to say I totally agree with you. Evenup the town.dirty bastards.

Theres been a couple of occasions where I've opened my front door to a huge turd on the pavement.
    Must admit there are some people in the town that need a good kick up the a...
    Was walking from Aldi the other day & 2 teenage girls had just bought a packet of biscuits, by the time they got to Green street they had eaten all the biscuits & there was a trail of wrappers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Theres been a couple of occasions where I've opened my front door to a huge turd on the pavement.
    Must admit there are some people in the town that need a good kick up the a...
    Was walking from Aldi the other day & 2 teenage girls had just bought a packet of biscuits, by the time they got to Green street they had eaten all the biscuits & there was a trail of wrappers

Should see the state of the car park in Friary Walk after the boy racers have had their supper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

The amount of dog sh1t on the canal-walk in Kilkenny on the paved area at the start last saturday..was there all day too, plus more litter than before too..
    the dog litter bins stuffed to the top in the castle-park too..
    so Callan is not alone..

Edit: btw a dogwalker am I, and i always pickup after him...unless its so out of the way in the bushes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Im a dogwalker in Callan and I have seen a huge upswing in people picking up after themselves. I always carry a roll of nappy bags in my pocket when walking the dog.
    That being said there is a problem especially on the bypass. People need to name and shame. If it is reported to Joe O'Brien does he have any powers? Even a warning letter could be enough to deter people.

Advertisement