Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 2015 Newport

• 27-11-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, me and a few friends (19/20 year olds) are looking at going on a J1 to Newport, Rhode Island this Summer. Just wondering if people have been there and what you thought of it? How hard is it to find a job on arrival or would we have to go with the "J1 + job" option on USIT? Would you recommend Newport for a J1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 outrageous

Hi me and a group of lads/lasses are thinking of going to Newport too, at the moment there is about 10 of us but there could be more, we just booked today with Sayit. A friend of mine went to Newport last year and said it was very easy to get jobs and people had some lined up before they got out there. The general consensus is the earlier you get out there the easier it is to get jobs. We finish our exams this year in early may so we're hoping to get out there pretty early and find jobs/accommodation. Hope to see you shtateside.

Advertisement