Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile <100

Options
  • 27-11-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

So need a mobile for less then 100 euro. Only needs to do basic smart phone things.

Did some research and think the Motorola Mota E the best option? Agree? Or should I consider something else?

Thanks for your advice on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

What kind of basic things? Android smart phones in this price range are really bad.

Have you had a look at windows phones? I think the Lumia 530, 535, 630, and 635 should be your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

Thanks Mad Muffin, been a while since I bought a new phone so any help / advice is great.

I only use my phone as a phone!

I have a tablet and laptop for my main computer work.

I use the phone for calls, texts, whatsapp, viber, checking emails if on the move.

I do not care about camera, games, streaming etc.

The Lumina range I do not know much about. Are all apps, that can be gotten on andriod devices, availble to them?

I had a HTC desire S, ( very old ) which was perfect. But it died recently.

I have used the Samsung Fame with work, thought it was rubbish. Also the Samsung Galaxy S3 which I liked, but had to give that back as changed jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Might also help if you tell us what provider you want to go with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

As part of blackfriday deal Carphone warehouse are selling the S3 mini for 79.99 http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/category/black-friday-offer/1.113

With emobile ( / Meteor ) but can unlock phone if needed i suppose by getting a code online!

• Advertisement

Julabo wrote: »
    Thanks Mad Muffin, been a while since I bought a new phone so any help / advice is great.

I only use my phone as a phone!

I have a tablet and laptop for my main computer work.

I use the phone for calls, texts, whatsapp, viber, checking emails if on the move.

I do not care about camera, games, streaming etc.

The Lumina range I do not know much about. Are all apps, that can be gotten on andriod devices, availble to them?

I had a HTC desire S, ( very old ) which was perfect. But it died recently.

I have used the Samsung Fame with work, thought it was rubbish. Also the Samsung Galaxy S3 which I liked, but had to give that back as changed jobs.

Whatsapp and viber are on windows phone but not all the apps you can get on ios or android are.

you can get the lumia 635 on meaor PAYG for €99.99

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/pay-as-you-go-phones/nokia-lumia-635

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

My wife has the Moto E and i've used it to, it's a great phone for the money.
    I don't know if you'll get anything better under a €100

AAAAAAAA, decision time looms!

Will look into the ones recommended. Thanks again.

Julabo wrote: »
    AAAAAAAA, decision time looms!

Will look into the ones recommended. Thanks again.

Time to check out reviews on YouTube :D

Just to let you know.

Went with Moto E. Got it in Argos for 100 euro.

Very happy with it so far.

Thanks for all the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement