Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent tsb

Options
  • 27-11-2014 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a problem with their debit card being declined today? I'm having that problem this evening even though there is money in the account and cannot get through to their helpline. It keeps hanging up on me after one and a half minutes. I've logged in online and transferred money out to another account for now but it's annoying! I'm ringing 1890 500 121. I've tried 01 212 4101 too but not getting anywhere..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Yeh, its down for everyone when paying by card and at the ATM's

• Registered Users Posts: 17 coco29

Ye I've had the same problem, card wouldn't work in shop or ATM, finally got them on phone after 30 mins on hold, it's a system problem they are hoping to fix 'soon'!!!

Really hope it doesn't last long!

No notice of the outage on their website either, poor form. Wonder how do petrol stations\restaurants deal with customers who consumed "goods"and couldn't pay? ;)

I know it's very poor form, they could easily have something on their website and a recording on the phone line to let people know they don't need to keep holding because it's an all over issue, I thought it was just my card so kept holding, should have guessed really though when the wait time was that long!

No idea how places will deal with not being able to get payment, will be a disaster for places I'd imagine! better not last long, I've no food in the house , no petrol in the car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Strange, I took out money from an ATM less than 5 minutes ago and it worked fine.

• Advertisement

Wow really? Maybe it's fixed already! Hope so

Hopefully so. Which bank ATM EoinMoran? When I tried it earlier(around 6pm), I got "service unavailable" at a BOI ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Redkilkenny

Just used mine in Clerys:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Its working again now. Shocking service, debenhams was full of people worried sh1tless their cash was gone when they were declined at counters and at the store ATM, only to see other banks customers work fine. Least they could have done was a standard message on their phone line. Nothing on their website or twitter feed either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

moxin wrote: »
    No notice of the outage on their website either, poor form. Wonder how do petrol stations\restaurants deal with customers who consumed "goods"and couldn't pay? ;)

Thankfully I've an AIB debit card too so was able to use it. Otherwise it would've been pretty embarrassing. Not great form as has already been said that permanent tsb have nothing online or on their telephone system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement