Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading PS4 HDD - System Software question

Options
  • 27-11-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm going to buy a PS4 soon and I'me going to put in a bigger HDD. I know I have to have the System Software on a USB stick. I can find the software on the US PlayStation site but not on the European site. Does it matter if I install the US system software?

EDIT:
    I've found a system software update on the website for Europe. The US size is 800 MB and the Ireland one is 200. Im confused.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Don't need it on a USB stick, but here you go: http://ie.playstation.com/systemsoftwareps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ArPharazon

Yeah this was the site I found. This update is only 200 megs though. It seems kind of small.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

He is installing a new hard drive, therefore needs to re-initialize the system, which requires a full system software install. Only way I know how to do it is via a flash drive.

Anyway, you must use software specific to your region. The difference between the smaller system software and larger is the smaller is for when you are just doing an update from one system software to the next. Can be done on PSN or with flash drive. The larger software is for when you wish to setup from scratch with a new hard drive.

Here is where you get it and detailed instructions :
    http://ie.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item663037/Initialise-your-PS4-system/

I only did this yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ArPharazon

Thanks Flaccus, that really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Your welcome :) Hope it all went well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement