Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Sounds Middle Earth - NYE

Options
  • 27-11-2014 9:17pm

Thinking about checking this out. Information is a bit thin on the ground however. I know it was on in Limerick last year and have heard good reports.

Much craic at it last year? I know it is “a secret” but does anyone have an idea where it is on. A girl I met while travelling is coming to visit so I have to make my way to Cork to pick her up from the airport and head to wherever this is on ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭markmacken

Does this have anything to do with The Lord of The Rings? If so, then I would be very interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ConConKing

markmacken wrote: »
    Does this have anything to do with The Lord of The Rings? If so, then I would be very interested!

I don't think it has anything to do with LOTR. But then again I can't say that for sure.

I booked a room with 2 friends there even though I know very little details about it except for some friends of friends that went last year and was an unreal couple of days. Has anyone been before or have any reports from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Went to the one on halloween, wasn't in a hotel was only a one night event but I think I can safely say you are in for a good night at this. Nice crowd, everybody was just up for a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

if it's the same venue in the publicity pics then it's the Maldron in Limerick. And if it's anything like the summer fest they did then it is worth the journey.

The summer one was a two-day weekend festival. SS booked the whole hotel and it was closed to the public ( except for the leisure centre). The conference and smaller meeting rooms each played host to DJs and dance bands around the clock. It was a slightly older crowd, mostly late 20s - early 40s with a convivial festival atmosphere and there were only around 200 ppl there so you could also get to know the other ppl there.

The hotel is in a dodgy area tbh but there is security onsite and the complex is on lockdown after dark. During the day it's grand and there is a Subway, an offy and a chemist on site with a Tesco over the road.

Plus you get to sleep in a four star hotel room when you're knackered and sweat out the alcohol in the sauna.

I will not be able to make the NYE party but I'll be keeping an eye out for the summer edition again next year

Advertisement