Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good deal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

I don't know it is wise to be looking for 'deals' on healthcare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    I don't know it is wise to be looking for 'deals' on healthcare

It's "bargain alerts" just looking for information from others who may have had lasers eye surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Tihs is aGood Dael! I had Lsaer Eye Srugeay dnoe a by tehm a wihle bcak, and it wroked garet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

As far as I can see... It's not a bad price;)

but there is a lot of small print

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭brennarr

I know someone who used that deal a couple of months ago. No complaints whatsoever and very happy with the results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I got mine done for €1200 five years ago with lifetime aftercare (yes, in Ireland!). Research it more OP, there are good deals out there in clinics who don't use discount sites to attract customers.
    Not all eyes are suitable for the surgery either, what happens if you buy the voucher, go along for the consult & then get told you wouldn't be a suitable candidate for it?

Plenty of places do a free consult these days for it, try one of those perhaps, don't just jump into buying it because it seems cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Kovu wrote: »
    I got mine done for €1200 five years ago with lifetime aftercare (yes, in Ireland!). Research it more OP, there are good deals out there in clinics who don't use discount sites to attract customers.
    Not all eyes are suitable for the surgery either, what happens if you buy the voucher, go along for the consult & then get told you wouldn't be a suitable candidate for it?

Plenty of places do a free consult these days for it, try one of those perhaps, don't just jump into buying it because it seems cheap...

With these deals I normally ring the provider and deal with them directly, I wouldn't buy the offer from Groupon or any other site offering these deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

With these deals I normally ring the provider and deal with them directly, I wouldn't buy the offer from Groupon or any other site offering these deals.

OP needs to make sure he pays with credit card to get a charge back if they go under. As there is no comeback with cash or cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

It's "bargain alerts" just looking for information from others who may have had lasers eye surgery.
    Yes, it's Bargain Alerts. If you are just looking for information, you should have started the thread somewhere else.

I got mine done for €1200 five years ago

€1,200 per eye, I presume? :confused:

• Advertisement

€1,200 per eye, I presume? :confused:

Nope. €599 per eye. Standard LASIK if my memory serves me correctly.

Nope. €599 per eye. Standard LASIK if my memory serves me correctly.

I presume you didn't need much in the way of correction?

I was looking into this a few months back and the majority of people were reporting paying in and around 3-4k for both eyes.

Can I ask where you got it done?

Also, can I ask, has anyone gotten rid of that annoying banner on the livingsocial site in the OPs link (not gonna sign up but cant see a way to get rid of it).

-2.5 in each eye. But had/have eyes between normal and astigmatism. I got them done out in Optical Express on Waterloo rd in Dublin. I'm not 100% sure it were called that at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Also, can I ask, has anyone gotten rid of that annoying banner on the livingsocial site in the OPs link (not gonna sign up but cant see a way to get rid of it).
    User: livingsocial4u@mailinator.com
    Pass: password4u
    From; http://bugmenot.com/view/livingsocial.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

tinodz wrote: »
    Tihs is aGood Dael! I had Lsaer Eye Srugeay dnoe a by tehm a wihle bcak, and it wroked garet

This's the funniest post I've read in weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you buy today, you can probably take 10% off that price.
    Code: BLACKFRIDAYIE

OK, so only €20 off when I use it but better than nothing.

When I got mine done, I got nearly half of it back in a tax refund. That was 2001 so it is probably different now. Anyone know?
    Mine was at the Blackrock clinic by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Bargain surgery how bad can it be.....

Call 1-800-DOCTORB. The "B" is for Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

hhoooujkmmvvuk

Advertisement