Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti water protest on saturday @2pm

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

No I'm not happy. I am however realistic. For the 3rd time I'll ask you how you think the €20bn deficit in the €70bn budget was going to be plugged without savage cutbacks across board along with increase in taxes? Remembering that the €20bn shortfall was in the day to day budget for running the country before a cent was put into the banks.
    The current govenment have actually done a very well with the hand they were dealt. Maybe the could have done better, but there is no way the pie in the sky policies of SF and the far left would have gotten us out of the mess.

What pie in the sky stuff are we talking about here? I know the AAA and a few others have some pretty nutty stuff, but SF seem to have some good ideas.

vkid wrote: »
    What pie in the sky stuff are we talking about here? I know the AAA and a few others have some pretty nutty stuff, but SF seem to have some good ideas.

Lovely sense of humour there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Lovely sense of humour there!

Not really an answer tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Any event in limerick today for those who can't take a full day off to make it to the main event?

Information seems poor for all events, is it word of mouth or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

vkid wrote: »

What good ideas? I'd love to hear them to be honest.

SF seem to be a very well organised party which does reasonably good work at a local level, but in terms of policy ideas they don't seem to have anything particularly interesting.

They aren't saying anything too radical apart from vague enough claims that they will tax the super wealthy. What's their position on health, education, law & order, planning, environment, agriculture? Most of us have no idea.

Their whole policy platform is fairly vacuous as far as I can tell, and I very much doubt it's the reason for their current popularity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Nothing today in Limerick so?
    Any event in limerick today for those who can't take a full day off to make it to the main event?

Information seems poor for all events, is it word of mouth or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Nothing today in Limerick so?

No , everything is concentrated in Dublin today .

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

zulutango wrote: »
    Their whole policy platform is fairly vacuous as far as I can tell, and I very much doubt it's the reason for their current popularity.

Agreed. SF are just telling the people what they want to hear. They're selling rhetoric and fairy tales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Be great if we could have a virtual Ireland where these parties could test out their economic ideas. Obviously that's impossible I know.

I think a lot of people are nervous of what a very positive, happy path, populist party would do in government.

SF would be in a bad bind if they got into government, being forced to drop taxes while improving services. Not easy.

Advertisement