Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning dvd

Options
  • 27-11-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi i just downloaded a film an want to burn it to a dvd an use it in a DVD player. I bought blank DVDs DVD-R an when i burn the film onto the disc an try play it nothing happens an tried it on another DVD player an doesn't work. I done this on windows media player also.

Hoping someone can advise thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Older DVD player will require the movie to be in DVD format, this will appear as folders named VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. Newer players and some newer TV may play AVI or XViD/DiVX movies natively. Otherwise you'll have to find some conversion software. There's been plenty of threads on here about such SW; search for them, alternatively DVDFab rings a bell. Or Google "DVD authoring software".

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

student89 wrote: »
    Hi i just downloaded a film an want to burn it to a dvd an use it in a DVD player. I bought blank DVDs DVD-R an when i burn the film onto the disc an try play it nothing happens an tried it on another DVD player an doesn't work. I done this on windows media player also.

Hoping someone can advise thanks
    Sounds to me that your creating a shortcut on the disc not the actual files.
    Double check
    ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Convert X to DVD is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

DVD Flick will do exactly what you want and it's lightweight, completely free without any adware, spyware or limitations.

DVD Flick:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement