Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High mileage 3 series, new timing chain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Thats some serious fancy wedding if it is on there.

PM me around the new year if you havent picked up a set. I pass Mallow once or twice a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

ba_barabus wrote: »
    OH YAWN.

What insulting and what bullying?

You made wide sweeping generalisation comments and you're being called on it now and you play the bullying card.

I don't think any further replies are needed.

If you looked at the thread, intelligently, it's all there to be seen.
    I made a comment about a type of car, you and your friend responded with personal abuse. If you cannot debate then you shouldn't be contributing.

These are not known for their reliability. Turbos, Flywheels, etc all go. I know of two 08s which have had over 2000 put into them in the last year to keep them going.
    Not feasible

I think theres some BMW hate here. Turbo and flywheel issues are not specific to BMW, flywheels are a common failure mode on all diesels.

An 08 BMW after a timing chain job if priced right and in otherwise good condition is not a bad option if one needs a diesel.

Plenty flywheels failing on Toyotas and every other brand too.
    A comment mentioning flywheels as something to be wary of on a specific model is nothing short of google knowledge lazy posting.

Advertisement