Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Vote next month...

11053369_10155391461020702_2419364756303064384_n.jpg?oh=11d3d1ede2a543d9637cdfb949c298f9&oe=55DB046A&__gda__=1437087893_b3dccd584575c3d95e94adc2ade11b05

Last night a few of us lads did up a tribute to a fallen St. Pats fan who was a good friend to many a Bohs fan. He was only in his 20's and passed in tragic circumstances. We got in touch with the club and they invited his family to the game and gave hospitality to them, as well as organising a well respected minute silence. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who observed it so impeccably and the family found so much comfort in what was done. Rivals for 90 minutes, LOI family for the rest.

10373715_940316032675309_6738953853573207858_n.jpg?oh=eeda933006611769ab3228845c06cfad&oe=55A86836&__gda__=1436289212_e9f720cc7684bf12f9ee01d5c185f538

11146190_939839879389591_8749183792684206841_n.jpg?oh=50a66ca377795f39db95541133555069&oe=55E10A7C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Couldn't make it up to Sligo on Monday and can't make it up to Derry tonight :mad:

Looks like we're going for a very attacking 442 away from home

Delany

Pender
    Prendergast
    Murphy
    Fitzgerald

Bucko
    Dillon
    Lopes
    Kavanagh

Griffin
    Kelly

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

1-0 down after 8 minutes =/

Happy to see Griffin get a shot, hopefully he can get us a goal back now.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

1-0 down after 8 minutes =/

Happy to see Griffin get a shot, hopefully he can get us a goal back now.

Got the second. 1-2 Bohs.

Well in Mark! Fantastic result.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Too early to call it a title challenge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

You've officially jinxed this team.

I said at the start of the season that I'd be happy with staying out of the relegation playoffs, and I'll say it again. I'll be THRILLED if we stay out of the relegation playoffs.

• Advertisement

Rovers trailing to Limerick, we're still 3rd in the league as it stands. Incredible even saying that!

So lads, first series of games done, fair to say Keith Long has done superbly. 5th place, only 2 behind 2nd and 8 clear of 6th. We mightn't be the best technically but Long has us organised and motivated, can't ask for anything more than that.

It's a big ask, up against full time squads, but if we could keep up the challenge for european places it'd be fantastic.

Couldn't be happier to be honest. I tweeted Dan Byrne at the start of the year when he tweeted that he signed back for the club. I asked him did many players re-sign from last year and he said something like 'yeah most of them did and we added some great new players. Really looking forward to this year'. I honestly didn't see where he was coming from. Inexperienced manager and players mostly from an under-performing team last year and a team that went down. I thought we'd struggle to amass 21 points this season, never mind after the first series of games. I've never been happier to be so mistaken. I know I wasn't alone in my pessimism :D

To see the lads go out every week giving it everything they have is great. The lads throwing themselves in to tackles, putting their bodies on the line and playing really good football and doing it all for peanuts. It really is great to watch this team. Kudos to Long, his staff and all the players.

It's a massive task to keep up with the top 4, as ScienceNerd said, but with this team you really never know. It's hard to set expectations for this team as they've already surpassed them all but if we continue playing like this for the entire season I think everybody will be happy!

Against the Rebel Army on May The Fourth... Fcuking inspired!

CELLjsyUMAAYtBO.jpg:large

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So lads, first series of games done, fair to say Keith Long has done superbly. 5th place, only 2 behind 2nd and 8 clear of 6th. We mightn't be the best technically but Long has us organised and motivated, can't ask for anything more than that.

It's a big ask, up against full time squads, but if we could keep up the challenge for european places it'd be fantastic.

What's the depth of squad like? Should injuries start to happen...

Given the split between the top five and the rest, no reason to finish lower than fifth at this stage. Derry aren't bridging the gap, Sligo don't look like it and then Drogheda/Longford/Bray/Limerick/Galway

dfx- wrote: »
    What's the depth of squad like? Should injuries start to happen...

Given the split between the top five and the rest, no reason to finish lower than fifth at this stage. Derry aren't bridging the gap, Sligo don't look like it and then Drogheda/Longford/Bray/Limerick/Galway

Very good to be honest. Dylan Hayes hasn't played a game for us yet I think. He was in the mix at Athlone last year. Stephen Best has played one against Rovers and was superb, we could see more of him now that the 19s season in over. Muller is just coming back from injury and Dano Byrne has resumed training. That's another back 4 right there.

Robert Duggan is on loan from Peterborough and is meant to be rated highly and James O'Brien has looked lively any time he has played. Karl Moore can't get a look in because Evans has been playing so well.

Dean Kelly, Griffin and Jayo up front too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Does 5th get you anything? Europe is just top 4 I presume?

Nothing for 5th, 4th gets Europe if the winner of the cup finishes in the top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really enjoying this season so far. It's nice to see the team grafting and working their bollocks off in every game.

I can accept losses if we're going to go out and try. Dundalk scored two break away goals when we were pushing on for an equalising goal and tbh, I can take that on the chin.

There's been a great buzz about the place and we have three very winnable games coming up which I think will tell us more about where we can expect to finish this season.

It felt like a chore somewhat to be going to games under Heary at times and even under Callaghan's second season but there's life in the old girl again and long may it continue.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really enjoying this season so far. It's nice to see the team grafting and working their bollocks off in every game.

I can accept losses if we're going to go out and try. Dundalk scored two break away goals when we were pushing on for an equalising goal and tbh, I can take that on the chin.

Not to mention we had a man sent off in the first half an hour.

FAI Cup draw today at 5:30. Who do we want?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Omackeral wrote: »

Cabo away

• Advertisement

simonw wrote: »
    Cabo away

Given the state of their pitch, I'd rather not. Injuries waiting to happen.

Finn Harps away maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭yknaa

Home to Athlone!

Firhouse Clover it is. In Dalyer.

Meanwhile, the Scum got the Junkies. Ha!

Bucko changed the game when he came on tonight. He didn't just up the tempo a gear, he upped it 2 or 3. Don't think we'd have won if Long didn't make the 3 subs he did so a massive kudos to him!

BOHtox wrote: »
    Bucko changed the game when he came on tonight. He didn't just up the tempo a gear, he upped it 2 or 3. Don't think we'd have won if Long didn't make the 3 subs he did so a massive kudos to him!

Said the same thing myself, instant impact. Havent been impressed with Creevy or Dillon tbh, wonder goals aside.

2 games in a row Long's subs have done the business.

Jayo For The Record??!!

11054315_10155473413100702_4468425919137245839_n.jpg?oh=b1a24520a9b1d118421d9a3295d1e641&oe=55DBD9B3&__gda__=1438960135_1407bca50f35bfcb0ac17dd789c51345

Think he's 18 off the record.

Loved that celebration last night. The lads all laughing and left him on his own for a moment to celebrate in front of the Jodi. Milking it but why the hell not!!!

Was the Conor Murphy playing today the same Conor Murphy who played for us last season?

• Advertisement

He played for us 2 years ago, was with Shels last season.

He played for us 2 years ago, was with Shels last season.

Same guy though yeah? When I saw his name at the start of the year I could have sworn it was just a youngster or someone. He was good with Bray and I didn't see him much at Pat's but assume he didn't make the break through and left. He looked okay at times with us at times but never really looked fit. A good pre-season and you could get him up to the standard he once was.

Yeah same guy. Honestly any time I saw him in that first spell I thought he was awful. Looked miles off the pace. He came off the bench against Longford in the league cup and didn't look like he'd improved much.. Not holding my breath that he'll contribute much this season outside of the LSC.

Stephen Best to Everton? I hope we don't lose him for next to nothing. He looked very promising against Rovers and fit in very well. Haven't seen the rumour anywhere but the forum, however. 100k + a friendly + a few add-ons would really top off this season

Thoughts on Akinade lining out for us? Fwiw, he played very well against Dundalk on Friday, which has to be considered result of the season btw...1-2 against the champions and league leaders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Thoughts on Akinade lining out for us? Fwiw, he played very well against Dundalk on Friday, which has to be considered result of the season btw...1-2 against the champions and league leaders!

Wouldn't want him at my club, even though I think he is a very good player.

I made my feelings clear on the gameweek thread. Don't want him at our club and it's damaging for our reputation.

Owen ''Bigger and better things'' Heary getting the bullet at Sligo Rovers apparently. Kinda gas.

Dublin City Council has confirmed it has agreed to buy Dalymount Park stadium in Phibsborough from Bohemians FC for €3.8m.

The deal will involve Bohemians staying in the stadium, which will be redeveloped as a municipal sports centre possibly with some private development.

The original plan included Shelbourne FC sharing Dalymount Park and surrendering their lease on Tolka Park to the city council.

Read full article here.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0608/706656-dalymount-park/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:)

Great result

11390290_1104368159577124_2555562273440611554_n.jpg?oh=851f2149e06cdadae9e6c83f4b39f418&oe=55EE69BA

Last 10 minutes had a surreal feeling similar to the end of the 4 0. Long has done an amazing job, truely fantastic.

Also Lorcan Fitz must have one of the best deliveries in the league, must have over 10 assists at this stage.

Last 10 minutes had a surreal feeling similar to the end of the 4 0. Long has done an amazing job, truely fantastic.

Also Lorcan Fitz must have one of the best deliveries in the league, must have over 10 assists at this stage.

They're not exactly flashy players but Lorcan and Prendergast are magic together. Bullet headers with precision accuracy.

Some night.

I'm gonna say that this was as good as, if not better than, the 4-0. All of our goals as broadcast on RTE2. Check out the absolute noise at 2:00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Does anyone know who two lads were who were films the crowd up by the chip van. Didn't seem to be with RTE...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Does anyone know who two lads were who were films the crowd up by the chip van. Didn't seem to be with RTE...

They travelled over especially for the derby, filming for Copa90. Can't wait to see the footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Last night was without a doubt the best result over that lot in my time supporting Bohs,Atmosphere was electric and the celebrations were carnage, load of sore heads today!!

Long is a football genius the special one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

major bill wrote: »
    Last night was without a doubt the best result over that lot in my time supporting Bohs,Atmosphere was electric and the celebrations were carnage, load of sore heads today!!

Long is a football genius the special one

My head was killing me when I went home... What an end to the match. Whatever Long said at half time, the lads looked well up for it.

Can't wait to see the copa90 footage...

From JOE.ie

It seems Fatboy Slim is our friend...

The SEE Airtricity League is his weapon of choice.
    We all know that Irish football fans are among the best in the world and, last night, Bohemians supporters almost outdid themselves with a wonderful banner for their league game against Shamrock Rovers.

The Gypsies unveiled this work of art for the clash in Dalymount, and now one of the world's most famous musicians wants to get a copy of this top class picture.

CHUiOjxWEAEuRgE.jpg

World famous DJ Fatboy Slim - Norman Cook to his mother - has got in touch with the photographers at Inpho looking for a copy after being tagged in the original tweet. It's possibly our favourite 'music star loves SSE Aitrtricity League' conversation of the year. The DJ recently played the Forbidden Fruit festival in Ireland, and maybe, just maybe, he picked up a love for Bohs while in the capital last month.

Fatboy SlimFatboySlim 4h4 hours ago
    @Inphosports I'd love a print / hi rez of that pic, pls could you email info to info@FatboySlim.net ?

Great to hear the atmosphere come across so well on the telly. I must have watched that highlights video 20 times now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement