Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

What the hell was Pat the Rat mouthing off 'f*cking joke' at the 4th official after the 2nd goal. There was certainly nothing to whinge about with the goal. If his whinge was abut the build up t the free...well if you cant defend from a straight ball in t the box form that far out h'ed be better rollicking his defence or whom ever decided for Brennan to be defending the most potent threat!

Well done Bohs, after beating us last week you did us a favour this weekend - just make sure you beat Cork too!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Can't help compare and contrast our performance last night and the national teams performance this evening.

One side played with guts, courage, passion for the jersey and never let their heads drop. The other side is the best our country has to offer.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Warning accepted but Fenlon is constantly in the ear of the officials. I think he is doing himself no favours as when there is a genuine reason to moan it fall in to the 'typical Fenlon' category certainly among supporters and possibly with officials. Looking back at the footage and he said 'the ref is a f*cking joke' to the 4th official ... worthy of a mention in the refs report imo. In reality it was a free (legit or not) that was pinged in to the box from just inside the rovers half and was nodded in. Any verbals should have been at his own players for slack defending.

We want players to quit gamesmanship, diving, trying to get lads booked etc yet here we have a high profile manager regularly putting it about the technical area. Some time in the stands would do him and Rovers no harm!! If he lacks discipline how can he expect his players to have?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I picked a good game for the kids first, they loved it, super game great atmosphere could not ask for more. They even got a nice photo at the end with the Bohs keeper. We will definitely be back

This is a cracking video guys, really captures the madness in the stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I see Dean Kelly has moved to Longford. Anyone know why he left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rumour is that he fell out with Keith Long after showing commitment to leave his sisters wedding to play against Rovers in the derby, a game in which he bagged two goals in front of the tv cameras. It's been said that he feels he deserves a spot in the starting XI but it hasn't come to pass. He was named on the bench vs Longford I(ironically) but allegedly didn't take his seat and that was it. Should be noted that he DID start against Drogheda in the game following the Rovers match but failed to make any impact.

Talks of Dinny Corcoran returning to take his place. We need someone, Marc Griffin is still injured, Jayo Byrne can't go for 90 mins and Izzy Akinade has yet to open his account.

No fixtures thread this week, but what a shift by the lads. Held on by the skin of their teeth. Lopes has developed into such an accomplished player.

Anto has been rubbish since the break, dont know what's up with him.

11705113_10156258567475131_582464613914517363_n.jpg?oh=26942b13292bcec846a1876717b27435&oe=5650CD1F

:pac:

Omackeral wrote: »

Talks of Dinny Corcoran returning to take his place. We need someone, Marc Griffin is still injured, Jayo Byrne can't go for 90 mins and Izzy Akinade has yet to open his account.

Delighted. Hope he has the confidence to drive on. Savage at holding up play and getting nicks on I think. Place was kinda rocking last night again!

• Advertisement

Jake Kelly officially announced and couldn't come at a better time with the departure of Dean Kelly and Marc Griffin out injured. Jayo Byrne is a legend but you won't get 90 mins from him. Hopefully Akinade and Jake can form a good partnership. Tomorrow night would be a great start as Izzy is expected to be back. Dying for Cork away, first time.

Anyone else having trouble getting onto thebohs.com ? Seems to be directing me elsewhere. Is it gone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Anyone else having trouble getting onto thebohs.com ? Seems to be directing me elsewhere. Is it gone?

Down temporarily - missed a payment to the host. Should be back in the next day or so.

Dying for Cork away, first time.

Oh dear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

That_Guy wrote: »

Pity, but he needs to get some game time. knowing the loi merry go round, he could end up back in dalymount yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Big game on saturday. With Rovers playing tonight they might be a bit leggy on saturday. Lopes and Prendergast suspended so I'd go with

Delany

Murphy Muller Best Fitzgerald

Bucko Dillon Creevy Kelly

Kavanagh

Akinade

Lopes and Prendergast missing are big losses to us. I'd rather have Mullers in midfield where he's been excellent lately but needs must unfortunately.

Evans has to be dropped. He's been absolute dirt lately. Having Kelly back will be great but I have a feeling he'll move Kavanagh out to the left and have Jake in behind Akinade.

Put in a similar performance against Dundalk and we'll have a massive chance of winning this game.

An excellent video for our 125th Birthday on what it means to be a Bohs fan from locals who've been there all throughout the years.

https://vimeo.com/126212012

• Advertisement

Bohemians have been drawn at home to Shamrock Rovers in the Leinster Senior Cup semi-final. Date and time tbc. #Bohs

I had completely forgotten about the LSC

I had completely forgotten about the LSC

It's so prestigious though! :eek:

31 times!

Could have been a savage fixture if we got them in the final of it though, added bonus!

The squad for next is a funny one. We could sign just 1 or 2 but it wouldn't surprise me if we sign 10. The bulk of the squad is definitely good enough, or has the potential to be, and could be retained for next year. Equally, Long made some shrewd signings at the start of the year and throughout the year so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we signed a replacement for Delany for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Where we are at the moment is the better performers will be snapped up. I'd be happy enough to hold if we held on to most of the lads from this year.

Dinny coming back next year form what I've heard.

Dinny coming back next year form what I've heard.

If we keep Griffin and Akinade and that's to offer cover instead of a retiring Byrne well then great. I don't like Dinny leading the line. He's an honest player but a bit of a headless chicken. How he was on penalty duties too was beyond me. 2/7 in Heary's last season iirc

He got 20 on all competitions that year tbf, not to be sniffed at.

Rubbish at penalties though I agree.

Its the young lads birthday next week looking to get him the kit, online it only seems to have the jersey. Anybody know where I could pick one up..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Pop into the club shop, I know my Dad got one there last year for my cousin

You can pop them an email at store@bohemians.ie

Only problem is the gear could be running low because it's nearly the end of the season and they'll be gearing up to next year. Defo give them an email anyway at the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Are Hummel contracted for the Jersey next year also?

We've been victims of our own success to a large degree. Don't think many expected us to be finishing the season with Europe just beyond our grip. At the start of the season I think most people saw obscure mid-table/ steer well clear of relegation as the target. But to be here still chasing Europe come the end of the year is phenomenal. I know we say this every year and we always get rallied but if we keep the bulk of our squad for next year we can definitely push on towards Europe and a cup-run

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Are Hummel contracted for the Jersey next year also?

I really hope so. Their gear has been great this year.

@Dub13: Worth noting that the kids jersey's have the 'Bohemian Foundation' sponsor on the front rather than the Mr. Green one.

I got onto the shop, they only have the long sleeve ones left. The young lad hates them, will just hold off till the new kit is out.

Akinade has re-signed for next year. Great news!

Lopes will be the next big one to try keep. Keep the bulk of the squad together and with one or two tweaks we'll be right up there next year.

Long live Long!

Most of last year's squad re-signed already. Lorcan is about to put pen to paper too. When can players be registered for next year?

I'm hearing Dinny Corcoran and Mick Daly are on their way to Dalyer too. Considering the injuries we had all year, Griffin, Pender and Dano Byrne all coming back in will be a massive boost for us next year too. We're only 2 or 3 players off having a serious push for Europe next season too.

Squad so far:

Dean Delany GK

Derek Pender RB
    Dano Byrne CB
    Derek Prendergast CB
    Stephen Best CB
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB

Keith Buckley RM/CM
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/CAM
    Roberto Lopes CM
    Ayman Ben Mohamed LM
    Adam Evans LM

Ismahil Akinade ST
    Kurtis Byrne ST
    Jake Kelly ST/LM

I imagine with Mohammed and Evans re-signing and the option of playing Kelly there it signals the end for Karl Moore. We're building a pretty strong squad already we just need this to continue.

3 or 4 new players and 3 or 4 players re-signing from last year and there's no reason we can't try and push for Europe this year. Marc Griffin would leave us with enough up front. Anto Murphy would be a great utility player to sign back. As would Dave Mulcahy if he feels he has another year in him.

• Advertisement

Very happy with how the squad is shaping up, great to have things sorted so early. Should be well capable of having another crack at europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm really impressed with how Long has done, and hopefully he'll keep going. It looks like a decent squad for next year, and having the core of last year's squad is a big boost.

Delighted with Kurtis Byrne coming in. He'll be hungry for goals after barely getting a sniff in Oriel last year.

Wearen's back. Solid signing. About 5 or 6 players to go

Squad:
    Dean Delany GK

Derek Pender RB
    Dano Byrne CB
    Derek Prendergast CB
    Stephen Best CB
    Lorcan Fitzgerald LB

Keith Buckley RM/CM
    Paddy Kavanagh RM/CAM
    Roberto Lopes CM/CB/RB
    Eoin Wearen CM/CB
    Ayman Ben Mohamed LM
    Adam Evans LM//ST

Ismahil Akinade ST
    Kurtis Byrne ST/CAM
    Jake Kelly ST/LM/CAM

Probably need a few more options at the back but we've a very decent starting XI there with some good options off the bench, something we were missing last season I felt, especially once Griffin was injured and Kelly left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I've never really supported Irish domestic football before and I really want to support a local club this year. I'm from Artane, there'll be no problem buying a season ticket and supporting the team I'm guessing next year?

byrneg28 wrote: »
    I've never really supported Irish domestic football before and I really want to support a local club this year. I'm from Artane, there'll be no problem buying a season ticket and supporting the team I'm guessing next year?

Yep, be glad to have you down! Season tickets for next year are available from the club shop already.

http://www.shop-bohemianfc.com/collections/season-tickets

Welcome aboard, bud. It's a long off-season is the only thing.

@moorzd9 Thanks you to everyone at Bohs during my 4 years there. It was a privilege to play there and also to play with a great group of lads. Id like to wish the club, players, staff and fans all the best for the future both on and off the pitch. Time for a new challenge

Moore confirming he's leaving. Good servant to the club who supported us as a young fella. Really shows our ambition though that we're pushing forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Good to see all the signings and re-signings done nice and early in the off-season. I'm just hoping we don't get hit with as many long-term injuries as last season.

Welcome along, hope you enjoy it. Good to see you give the league a go and all the better that it's Dalymount you're coming along to. Exciting time for us at the moment both on and off the pitch - looking to build on a season that exceeded most/all of our expectations and saw some really great performances & results, and hopefully making good progress on the badly needed revamp of the ground. If you're heading down on your own feel free to drop us a message, few of us are usually around for a pre-match/half-time/post-match pint or three.

• Advertisement

Brilliant that we've gotten the signings/re-signings done so early. We've the makings of a very good squad there but as ScienceNerd has pointed out, we definitely need to get a few bodies in defensive roles.

Lopes can slot in if needed at CB but I can't complain with how we're going about business.

I'm not too disappointed about Moore not signing back. I can only think of a handful of games where he really stood out and impressed me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement