Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To Education Allowance Question

Options
  • 28-11-2014 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am going to be doing this soon enough but have one question. Could poor attendance lead to being kicked off the program? . Has anyone done this program before to know? .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

digoe04 wrote: »
    I am going to be doing this soon enough but have one question. Could poor attendance lead to being kicked off the program? . Has anyone done this program before to know? .

Yes, poor attendance can result in your payment being cut.

You're allowed to miss days here and there but no means can you show up once in every blue moon and expect the state to hash out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Gadfly Girl

Your question is not really clear. Back to Education Allowance can apply to a huge variety of courses. If for example you are attending university, it is not compulsory to attend every lecture and tutorial (depending on individual course rules) there is no weekly or monthly check on your attendance in this case. Of course missing these will impact on your learning, but once you are registered there is usually just one or two follow up checks throughout the year. I'm sure for different types of courses this would be different though. No need to assume OP is trying to pull a fast one BTEA rates are a struggle to live off and OP would be within rights to legally be in employment too, which can unfortunately impact on learning hours. There are income limits to how much you may earn.

Hope this helps

Advertisement