Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Stolen this morning (28th Nov)

Options
  • 28-11-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, Black Fiat Stilo, reg 02-D-11300, taken from Fairways/Green oaks area of Ferrybank between 3am-6am this morning. Keys taken during house break-in :( Realize this is a longshot, but hoping someone might spot it parked up somewhere.

I'm taking a run down there later this morning and might take spin around to see if we come across it. Are there any areas that would be considered more likely for the car to be parked up/burnt out ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I know someone who had a car stolen from Ferrybank by taking the keys through the letterbox,the car was found a few days later in Carrick undamaged it looked like they just robbed it to drive home!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

There is a chop shop being operated in Waterford, hopefully your car hasn't ended up there :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

If its burnt out you most likely be getting a bill from the from the fire brigade for around a grand..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

If its burnt out you most likely be getting a bill from the from the fire brigade for around a grand..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

There is a chop shop being operated in Waterford, hopefully your car hasn't ended up there :-/

A chop shop?

I hope they get their car back but i doubt there is a high demand for 12 year old Fiat parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

A chop shop?

I hope they get their car back but i doubt there is a high demand for 12 year old Fiat parts.

Any one who has owned a Fiat, and suffered their parts system will beg to differ ,

Them parts are still current

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Gardai are fairly sure who the scumbags are, and cars they take generally turn up undamaged close to where they commit their next robbery to feed the habit.
    Hoffmans wrote:

Insurance would take care of that if it comes to it, plus, any claims for theft will not affect NCB. Know the car itself is nothing special, but combination of car gone, personnel belongings taken from house and thoughts of some junkies prowling around her home while she was asleep is extra stress the owner could have done without at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

keep your car keys in your bedroom and a hurley or hammer in future, i had my car robbed few years ago and it aint a nice feeling even though mine was robbed from slieverue crash repairs and was never recovered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

God that really is terrifying, you always think they'd go after a newer car (mine is the same age) .

OP hope it turns up or you get the value from insurance.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    God that really is terrifying, you always think they'd go after a newer car (mine is the same age) .

OP hope it turns up or you get the value from insurance.

believe me the insurance company will give ya only market value, mine was a 2004 vw golf sportline and at the time it was robbed they were selling for 8 grand i only got 4900 from the insurance company and was out of pocket by about 2 grand due to the outstanding finance after i paid off what i got from the insurnace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

same happened yo a guy in work, took him 6 months to argue with the insurance company, i the end they increased their offer but about 20%, but it was still 30% less than it would cost to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Ipro

Duiske wrote: »

any claims for theft will not affect NCB.

Are you sure of that ? I always assumed it would affect your no claims if making a claim for theft :-0

Ipro wrote: »
    Are you sure of that ? I always assumed it would affect your no claims if making a claim for theft :-0
    did,nt affect my ncb anyway as it was no fault of my own, could be different when stolen from a private property rather than a business, i was waiting three months for the insurer to pay out, ya learn a lot about insurers when goin to claim, with regards excess and all the bull**** that comes hidden on your policy they try as hard as they can not to pay out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Car was located in Hugginstown last Thursday, and two men arrested. They had pulled into a service station and bought €5 of petrol, and for whatever reason staff became suspicious and called Gardai. The Gardai came across them about an hour later, pushing the car on a country road. They had run out of fuel. That petrol guzzling little Stilo probably saved some family around Hugginstown the misery of a ransacked home.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Hopefully the car is ok?? Result either way!

Advertisement