Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Everton

Options
  • 28-11-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A2064_zps72758a0b.jpg

Everton have several key injuries. Usually tight games won by a single goal. Watched them last night in the Europa League, very sound defensively. These are the games you gotta win. Not a hope of getting anything away to Chelsea on Wednesday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

after last nights pathetic display, i expect a defeat here, our 5th of the season at home

1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Lukaku will bully our defence. Barkley is back and he and McGeady will run our defensive midfield and full backs ragged.

With the likes of Baines and Coleman bombing down the wings Everton are a better version of what Poch wants us to be.

But Everton have only had one win after Europa Cup games and that was against a poor Burnley side.

I can see a draw, and a not so very entertaining one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Stones, Pienaar, Naismith, Baines, McCarthy, Barry all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

mickman wrote: »
    after last nights pathetic display, i expect a defeat here, our 5th of the season at home

1-2

I'd agree. No matter who Everton are missing we don't look to be improving either.

Gotta be some signs of what gameplan poch wants to implement by now. I hope I'm wrong but can't see anything other than an Everton win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lukaku is coming into some good form. Barkley now into his 5th or 6th of his comeback.
    Some FF sites have Baines been available. He was just left out last night as a precaution.

I'd take a draw at this stage, as long as there are some sort of positives. Like a Soldado goal.

• Advertisement

I'd agree. No matter who Everton are missing we don't look to be improving either.

Gotta be some signs of what gameplan poch wants to implement by now. I hope I'm wrong but can't see anything other than an Everton win.

That's worryingly true, performances have been shocking bar the QPR game, just plodding along. You'd think we'd have shown a glimmer of improvement by now. Twelve games in, still playing with a back four that changes from game to game.

Baines has 'a small chance' of starting on Sunday according to Martinez 's.

Chadli has announced he is 100% on his twitter. The medical department v might have a different view.

Would he start anyway? Who would make way for him? Dembele?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Surly with all the injuries Everton have and the fact that they played away in Germany on Thursday and play away again on Sunday it has to be some bit of an advantage to us,we have a decent record against these so I'm going to keep the faith and go for a tight win for us.Hopefully we'll get something out of it anyway cos we sure as hell aint going to get anything off Chelski.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

2-1 Spurs.

Some glimmers of improvement for me even if we cant seem to string even 60 minutes of good play together.

Would like to see Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado and Kane all play together again. We have to persist with a formation if we are going to have any chance of improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Baines has 'a small chance' of starting on Sunday according to Martinez 's.

Chadli has announced he is 100% on his twitter. The medical department v might have a different view.

Would he start anyway? Who would make way for him? Dembele?

I think if Chadli is fit he'll play...Lamela might make way for him. Mason is a cert to start, and hopefully Kane and Soldado start too. 3 pts would be huge, we are surely due a decent performance :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I think if Chadli is fit he'll play...Lamela might make way for him. Mason is a cert to start, and hopefully Kane and Soldado start too. 3 pts would be huge, we are surely due a decent performance :rolleyes:

I dont see reason as to why we would see the decent performance this weekend. Everton are a strong outfit, they will bully our soft lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

There is a strong possibility that a win could jump us from 10th to 4th or 5th this weekend. If that isnt incentive for these lads to man up and put a performance in I dont know what is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

I live a ten minute walk from White Hart Lane ground. I have now become a spurs fan. (never followed soccer before).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

COYS (LOL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Sclosages wrote: »
    I live a ten minute walk from White Hart Lane ground. I have now become a spurs fan. (never followed soccer before).

Are you sure? have you thought this through?..........

• Registered Users Posts: 45 EoinMoran

Heading over for this. Don't worry I've never seen us lose when I've been at the lane*

COYS

*may not be 100% accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Kaboul gonna be back for ye? Out for personal reasons still? Asking for Fantasy Football :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Everton are the better side just because they have players that aren't content with just sauntering around the pitch plus the fact they play as a collective as opposed to 11 individuals (albeit technically gifted for the most part).
    I think Everton will get an early goal and the crowd might start getting on our players backs.
    Can't see anything but an Everton win but I hope I'm way off the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

callaway92 wrote: »
    Kaboul gonna be back for ye? Out for personal reasons still? Asking for Fantasy Football :P

Hopefully kaboul and adebarndoor won't be playing again if they were whinging about training. The more kane and Masons the better

callaway92 wrote:
    Kaboul gonna be back for ye? Out for personal reasons still? Asking for Fantasy Football 

$ure we haven't a rashers.the back four changes every game.

• Advertisement

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial
    #THFC team: Lloris; Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Lennon, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen; Kane, Soldado.

#THFC subs: Vorm, Dier, Kaboul, Chadli, Dembele, Lamela, Paulinho. #COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Is this 4-4 fooking 2 is see before me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Is this 4-4 fooking 2 is see before me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Glad to see Nabil starting in the middle with Mason. Hopefully it works well.

3 home grown players starting which is also good to see.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Please God, let Soldado score a fcuking goal..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mason and bentaleb in midfield, how times have changed

COYS

Everton line-up: Howard, Baines, Jagielka (c), Distin, Coleman, Barry, Besic, Eto'o, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Coleman usually plays a blinder against us, very attacking side. Should be a few goals in this.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Everton line-up: Howard, Baines, Jagielka (c), Distin, Coleman, Barry, Besic, Eto'o, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Coleman usually plays a blinder against us, very attacking side. Should be a few goals in this.

Jaysus that's a strong Everton side even with mcarthy missing

tom1ie wrote: »
    Jaysus that's a strong Everton side even with mcarthy missing

So much for there injuries eh?

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    So much for there injuries eh?

Yeah. Just comparing the lineups there and there's not many of our players that'd get into that Everton side. Loris and ericksen I reckon. After that......

Advertisement