Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v Everton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

You've got to give it to Poch for playing the two young lads in midfield - they're playing with passion.

I'd even go as far as saying Vertonghen looks up for it!
    Agreed,Kane Mason,Bentaleb leading the way today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Bentaleb made a big difference. More pace and fight in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Nice to see some players playing who care for a change. Kane seems to be the spark that lights us up.

Hope we put in a performance like that against Chelsea, cant ask for much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

It's sad and it's great that it takes 3 youngsters to show supposedly multi million pound players how to play.

The 3 boys hounded and harried all game. Everyone else seemed to follow suit.

Some have been decent, Eriksen and soldado, seem to buy into the pressing philosophy but the 3 boys, at that age, to lead and fight for everything, i really love.

Verts, Davies, Lennon were good today, all worked hard and played for the team. Hopefully this is the start of a decent set of performances because that's the best i think we've played all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

That reminded me of a few seasons back.not a huge amount of possession but were very good with it.great hunger shown.and finally Soldado gets his goal.the floodgates hopefully will open for him.lets keep with this 11 for a while as they seem to be fighting for each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Lamella has been pance.

No change . Playing for himself, gave the ball away several times again, no end product...... Yet to be convinced.......world class player???

Anyway.. Excellent performance, loads of positives... Long may it last...

Yeah Lamela is a wally. He even looks ridiculous. By God we bought some crap with the Bale money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Tim was right about academy players showing the rest how to play, poor fcuker got shafted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

The last 25 minutes of the first half was the best we've played all season - by far. If only we could play like that every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

EoinMoran wrote: »
    Heading over for this. Don't worry I've never seen us lose when I've been at the lane*

COYS

*may not be 100% accurate.

Can you go to Stamford bridge on wednesday please?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Absolutely delighted with the result, and also for Soldado. He's worked really hard in the last few games, and even when he's not scoring he's playing well. You can see it on his face when he scored...one part delight, one part relief :P I'd love for him to go on from this and knock in a few more.

Playing Chelsea on Wednesday is really bad timing though. They'll probably hammer us, even without Costa, and will knock the confidence back a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

I take it 'we' won then? Lol. Looks like I'm a lucky charm...

Kiith wrote: »
    Playing Chelsea on Wednesday is really bad timing though. They'll probably hammer us, even without Costa, and will knock the confidence back a bit.

Draw would be a good result and achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sunderland held them to a 0-0 draw,there must be hope for us to get something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

B3uG5adIIAABONt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Well now -- where did that performance come from????

It was excellent, so entertaining to watch and the effort shown was a joy. Kane is first name on the teamsheet, his work ethic is unreal and he is turning into a fantastic player.

So good to see soldado score and he took his goal like a pro.

Where has lennon been ?? WHy wasnt he played all season. Sticking with lamela just because he cost 30 million was a bad idea . Sell him back to roma in January

Even fazio and vlad are playing well !

mickman wrote: »
    Where has lennon been ?? WHy wasnt he played all season. Sticking with lamela just because he cost 30 million was a bad idea . Sell him back to roma in January

Even fazio and vlad are playing well !

It'll either click with Lamella, or he'll be sitting it out on the bench playing a bit part. We can't carry any players. I was shocked at Eriksen, didn't think he had it in him. Lloris had a quiet game for once.

Fazio looked solid with Vertonghen, probably Davies best game for us. Vlad scares me every time he has the ball.

Those players that didn't play, yesterday should of been a wake up call. Adebayour, your days are numbered.

It'll either click with Lamella, or he'll be sitting it out on the bench playing a bit part. We can't carry any players. I was shocked at Eriksen, didn't think he had it in him. Lloris had a quiet game for once.

Fazio looked solid with Vertonghen, probably Davies best game for us. Vlad scares me every time he has the ball.

Those players that didn't play, yesterday should of been a wake up call. Adebayour, your days are numbered.

yes forgot about davies, he was really good i thought. Its great to have a left back at last!

Where did jan's new attitude come from ? He was great throughout the game, back to his best and even smiled after in the interview :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Big question now is we have like 8 games between now and the window closing let's say Soldado scores 3/4 goals and looks decent what do we do? He surely has one foot out the door.

yes forgot about davies, he was really good i thought. Its great to have a left back at last!

Where did jan's new attitude come from ? He was great throughout the game, back to his best and even smiled after in the interview :-)

Going to be hard for Kaboul to regain his place. Lamella just needs to slow down, he's too eager, just play the simple pass instead of going for the spectacular.

It's great to see some positivity on here for a change, makes Monday morning bearable.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Big question now is we have like 8 games between now and the window closing let's say Soldado scores 3/4 goals and looks decent what do we do? He surely has one foot out the door.

I'll say one thing for the lad, he's never moaned. The crowd have never turned on him. Players have come out and said he works his áss off in training. Everyone is willing him to succeed. All about gaining confidence, there's just something likable about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think right back could be the making of Vlad. I'm not saying he'll be a world beater, though he could do a decent job if they can calm him down a little - he's definitely not a centre back and he offers far more than Dier at right back. Maybe with maturity he could turn into an Ivanovic style right back - strong, pacey and solid. They've just got to work that loopy-ness out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Great win but dont think I'll be getting too excited yet. One good game doesn't make a season.

It was all doom and gloom here only a few days ago, Chelsea game could revert everyone back to the same misery.

I honestly hate this season, particularly because of all these Sunday games. Praying this is a major turning point and the fact the teams around us are all ****e as well does help but just can't help but think this might be a flash in the pan performance.

irishmover wrote: »
    Great win but dont think I'll be getting too excited yet. One good game doesn't make a season.

It was all doom and gloom here only a few days ago, Chelsea game could revert everyone back to the same misery.

I honestly hate this season, particularly because of all these Sunday games. Praying this is a major turning point and the fact the teams around us are all ****e as well does help but just can't help but think this might be a flash in the pan performance.

whats wrong with sunday games ? increases chances of being televised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

I think right back could be the making of Vlad. I'm not saying he'll be a world beater, though he could do a decent job if they can calm him down a little - he's definitely not a centre back and he offers far more than Dier at right back. Maybe with maturity he could turn into an Ivanovic style right back - strong, pacey and solid. They've just got to work that loopy-ness out of him.

yea he looked decent yesterday, we played well too against a good everton side

turning the corner possibly and at the right time as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'll say one thing for the lad, he's never moaned. The crowd have never turned on him. Players have come out and said he works his áss off in training. Everyone is willing him to succeed. All about gaining confidence, there's just something likable about him.

I think what is likable about him is that he keeps on trying, even when nothing is going for him. He also plays like he cares and is a skillfull player. Not sure he is ever going to fit into the premier league or more specific, the Spurs team.

If we continue to improve he will get more chances and hopefully turn things around. If not He'l be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I think Vlad is about two levels up from Dier in terms of ability. The latter is more dependable and less likely to not bother but Vlad is a seriously good footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Enjoyed that yesterday, first time this season I got that feeling that the players actually gave it a go in a home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

whats wrong with sunday games ? increases chances of being televised

I can't watch them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not sure about all the sudden Vlad love.
    Granted he did well against Stoke. Hopefully he can push on.

I still have a lot of time for Dier. Hopefully he gets a few games at CB.

Advertisement