Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elbow-lenth rubber gloves for cleaning fish tank. Get in Dublin city centre?

• 28-11-2014 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭

As per title... where could I get elbow-length rubber gloves for cleaning a fish tank in Dublin city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm trying to rack my brains thinking of other situations where elbow length rubber gloves might be used. Maybe somewhere that deals in personal safety gear i.e. for wearing in an abattoir or somewhere like that, or a medical or veterinary supplies company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Is there a hunting store nearyby? Sometimes they sell elbow length gloves for gralloching deer?

Or, how about contacting a vet, I bet they would just give you a pair? They use long gloves when they are literally elbow deep in cows!

FISMA wrote: »
    Or, how about contacting a vet, I bet they would just give you a pair? They use they when they are literally elbow deep in cows!
    I thought those were usually disposable plastic gloves these days?

Anyway, I found these as an example of what you might find if you google'd "personal safety equipment" ...

http://www.safetycare.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=259

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

realistically there's no need really to wear gloves to clean the tank . got a specific reason why you think you need emm just curious ?

• Advertisement

realistically there's no need really to wear gloves to clean the tank . got a specific reason why you think you need emm just curious ?
    Maybe he keeps piranhas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Ask at your local vets

handy if you want to get something out of the tank without getting wet :cool:

also for 100s of other uses where short rubber gloves just won't do.

Anyway I'll have a look around Capel St etc and see if any of the hardware shops have something like this. Would like to have them this weekend rather than ordering online (have seen several suitable items on Amazon.co.uk if I need to resort to ordering online).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

mrcheez wrote: »
    handy if you want to get something out of the tank without getting wet :cool:

I just have a towel with me when I'm cleaning the tank.

Found a place on Capel St after all... d'oh ... dry arms and no towel required :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

mrcheez wrote: »
    Found a place on Capel St after all... d'oh ... dry arms and no towel required :)
    Lenihans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

ferretone wrote: »
    Lenihans?
    I'd guess it was the protective/work clothing shop at the Bolton Street end of Capel Street. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

In a good veterinary shop, or co-op you can get gloves that farmers/vets use for internals for cows. very light weight,
    disposable, and they go up to under your arm pits.

ferretone wrote: »
    Lenihans?

Yeah Lenehans, although I'm sure a few places sell them on Capel St. It's the warehouse of Dublin.

Advertisement