Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more excuses!!

Options
  • 28-11-2014 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

As the title suggests.... i have decided to blog my attempt to lose weight and tone up
    Currently 31 yo male
    5'11 just tipping the scales at 15stone!
    Relatively fit and active through my twenties however a change in job and lifestyle has led to me putting on around two and a half stone in a little over a year and a half.
    I am not underestimating the task at hand hopefully the blog will keep me going in the initial stage i.e. TODAY!!!
    The masterplan to losing the weight will be a mix of weights and cardio been looking at the Kris Gethins 12 week plan think i might attempt to go down this route.
    any advice will be also greatly appreciated
    So here we go......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TrionaH

Hey anseo .... I'm on board with you! I'm following a 21 day plan which is based mainly on Paleo. It's a great plan and it works!

I started it a few weeks ago, got to day 7, then had to travel for work which was a disaster for my plan but week 1 I lost 5lbs. Anyway I'm back now. Day 1 / 21.

So let's do this!!!
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

anseo! wrote: »
    As the title suggests.... i have decided to blog my attempt to lose weight and tone up
    Currently 31 yo male
    5'11 just tipping the scales at 15stone!
    Relatively fit and active through my twenties however a change in job and lifestyle has led to me putting on around two and a half stone in a little over a year and a half.
    I am not underestimating the task at hand hopefully the blog will keep me going in the initial stage i.e. TODAY!!!
    The masterplan to losing the weight will be a mix of weights and cardio been looking at the Kris Gethins 12 week plan think i might attempt to go down this route.
    any advice will be also greatly appreciated
    So here we go......

How do you get to work? Cycling to work will really shift weight and doesn't take additional time

• Registered Users Posts: 16 anseo!

I drive will hopefully start cycling when the days get longer unfortunatly its all back roads, so
    Jumped on the scales again on the 3/1/15 15st 7 horror heaviest in my lifetime. So got the finger out. Im currently on the ketosis high fat mid protein very low carb diet. Not a grain of sugar has passed my lips either.

Training has consisted of circut training mix with boxing and some weights

Yesterday workout

10 minutes non stop consisting of
    10 pressups, 10 sit ups, 10 burpees, 10 jumping jacks followed by 2 minute break

Kettlebell swings, goblet squats, kettle bell pullovers bringing knees to chest. Done in a pyramid 5 reps, 10, 15, 20 15,10, 5

To finish off 10 45 second rounds on the punch bag with 15 second rests

Up on the scales this morning 14st 9 getting there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Why don't you create a fitness log? Or ask a mod to move this thread there?

Why don't you create a fitness log? Or ask a mod to move this thread there?

Thanks my bad will do taught it was in the fitness logs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

anseo! wrote: »
    Jumped on the scales again on the 3/1/15 15st 7 horror heaviest in my lifetime.

Up on the scales this morning 14st 9 getting there

Brilliant loss, well done! Keep going!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Moved to fitness logs

Todays circut

12 rounds 45seconds on with 15 sec rests

Punch bag
    10 kg plate pull over
    barbell overhead squats 20 kg bar
    Front plank
    35 kg barbell bicep curl
    skipping
    pull ups
    punch bag
    squat jumps
    sit ups on exercise ball
    pushup with row 10 kg dumbell
    trx pull ups

Repeated 3 times with a two minute break between. Felt tired from the start but got through it....

Advertisement