Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PR Medical

Options
  • 28-11-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

So i put my application in for PR two months ago, any idea when i can do the medical? Does it need to be assigned to a case officer? Where do i get the hap id? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

colman1212 wrote: »
    So i put my application in for PR two months ago, any idea when i can do the medical? Does it need to be assigned to a case officer? Where do i get the hap id? Cheers
    You probably won't need a HAP ID and you'll just apply using a different ref number. Pretty sure you arrange the medicals through the e-visa client when ready.
    It will be after the case officer is assigned. It's almost the last thing they'll do.
    I my case, I was told to do the medical on a Weds evening, got an appointment on Friday, results were back Monday and visa approved Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I did my PR through London. They told me to wait until i was instructed by my case officer to get it done, because the medical is void after 30 days. So if the visa took longer than 30 days after I had my medical, I would have to do another one.

Thing is though, I was waiting and waiting, (initially they told me 9 months) so after roughly 6 months I called my case officer and asked what the story was, and he said to go ahead with the medical. My application was just sitting around. So keep on top of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Mackman wrote: »
    I did my PR through London. They told me to wait until i was instructed by my case officer to get it done, because the medical is void after 30 days. So if the visa took longer than 30 days after I had my medical, I would have to do another one.

Thing is though, I was waiting and waiting, (initially they told me 9 months) so after roughly 6 months I called my case officer and asked what the story was, and he said to go ahead with the medical. My application was just sitting around. So keep on top of them.

It's not void after 30 days. You must enter Australia within 12 months of the date of your medical or you have to do another.

Same for police clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Sundy wrote: »
    It's not void after 30 days. You must enter Australia within 12 months of the date of your medical or you have to do another.

Same for police clearance.

Maybe that was it, can't remember exactly the time frame, but that was the reason that the medical isn't sent in with the application.

Advertisement