Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with 365 online crashing Firefox browser

Options
  • 28-11-2014 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I want to report a defect with the 365 website, and I couldn't easily see how to do this online.

When viewing eStatements, my browser crashes. It's only started happening since the PDF eStatements have been rolled out; it didn't happen earlier with the HTML view of the statements.

For reference, I use Firefox 33.1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

dudara wrote: »
    I want to report a defect with the 365 website, and I couldn't easily see how to do this online.

When viewing eStatements, my browser crashes. It's only started happening since the PDF eStatements have been rolled out; it didn't happen earlier with the HTML view of the statements.

For reference, I use Firefox 33.1
    Hi dudara,

Thanks for posting.

Can you please let us know if this is happening on another browser? I had a quick look at the Firefox notes for version 33.1.1 and there is a known issue with PDFs displaying incorrectly. It doesn't specifically mention crashing but it does say images and wrong colours can be displayed.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just tried with IE and there doesn't seem to be any issues there.

For the record, I checked Firefox with my Three account, where I opened a PDF invoice. No crashes there.

But consistent crashing with the 365 site if I try to view PDFs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

dudara wrote: »
    I just tried with IE and there doesn't seem to be any issues there.

For the record, I checked Firefox with my Three account, where I opened a PDF invoice. No crashes there.

But consistent crashing with the 365 site if I try to view PDFs.
    Hi dudara, the 365 Technical team have not been able to replicate this on Firefox 33.1

If possible, could you download the latest version of Firefox and let us know if your eStatements open successfully?

Thanks

Billy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Are you using the in-browser PDF reader?  BOI have security / encryption settings turned on in E-statements, which as I have pointed out before is rather superfluous and an irritant, but which may cause problems for the inbuilt reader. 

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Billy - I just updated to version 34.0 and the eStatements are stable now. Thanks for looking into this.

@Red Alert - yes, I'm using the in-browser PDF reader, which opens the docs in a new browser tab.

• Advertisement
Advertisement