Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking a laptop

• 28-11-2014 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭

I've got somewhere around the the €600 to spend (it was around the five hundred mark but I've been suffering mission creep).

It's mostly for browsing, word, excel and streaming with the odd bit of gaming.
    I've been looking for

Processor: I'm looking at i5 something like 4210U anything better would be a bonus.
    Memory 8Gb
    Storage 1Tb or 500 hybrid
    Matte screen
    2gb Graphic card

It's mostly for browsing, word, excel and streaming with the odd bit of gaming.

I've been banging my head against a wall for the last couple of days but so far I've managed to whittle it down to these 2. Mostly because the ones I really want are way too dear.

komplett.ie/product/zkb-01lap/20430087/hp-pavilion-15-p035nd/details.aspx

15.6", Intel Core i5-4210U,
    8GB one slot unused,
    1TB SSHD,
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M, DVD
    Screen is matte 1080
    Storage 508Gb SSHD

dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-5547-laptop/pd?oc=cn54718&model_id=inspiron-15-5547-laptop

Intel® Core™ i7-4510U Processor (4M Cache up to 3.1 GHz),
    8GB 2 DIMM (2x4GB) DDR3L 1600Mhz,
    1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive,
    AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3 1
    5.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)

I saw there's a discount coupon on the Dell on one of the other threads.

The HP is at my my very limit price-wise. I don't know anything about them and can't find a review for this particular model. Has anyone used a HP before? I like the idea of the hybrid for boot-up, the graphic cards is a bit better and the screen should be a step up.

On the other hand the Dell is i7 & will be cheaper with the code.

Any opinions on which to get? Or recommendations on other laptops?

Are there any other options I should be looking at?

I was looking at German sites like computer universe, seem to be a bit cheaper but a lot of what I've been looking at come without an OS. Are there any differences in keyboards etc?
    Tagged:

Advertisement