Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major road works commencing on N59 Dec 1st.

Options
  • 28-11-2014 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

The main road N59 into Moycullen from the Galway side will be resurfaced and lighting, footpaths etc. put in. All very welcome. The work is to start on December the 1st and will ast for 12 months. This is a major piece of work. But really coming into the busiest shopping season this is going to cause un told delays. Dreading the start of it as I work in Galway City.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Mr Kyne needs those votes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conaire1

I hear the road will be closed off for some time in the New Year while realignment or rebuilding takes place at Killagoola bridge, with a detour around Ballyquirke Lake. Anybody got more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

I haven't heard anything about that. Will say they have managed works pretty well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭conaire1

Was on to Sean Kyne TD. Says no plans at present to divert traffic by Clooniffe. But there will be some delays due to one-way traffic flows when work begins on the bridge in a few months time.

PS. Galway Co Council website in the steam age when it come to accessing info. They could learn a lot from the city council website.

Advertisement