Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice play centre for 2.5 yo in Dublin/Kildare area

Options
  • 28-11-2014 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking for a good play centre for my 2.5 y.o. daughter in Dublin/Kildare area.
    We have been to the following so far:

1. Panda Play Cafe in Ballsbridge
    This is brilliant for kids under 5 (lots of ride ons, electric train, castle with slide etc) but has limited opening hours.

2. Spraoi Kids on the Long Mile Road.
    Better for older kids. Toddler area is tiny.
    DD was bored after half an hour...)

3. Playbarn Johnstown
    Nice under 5 play area: good for climbing, ball pool, slides etc.
    DD loves disco and football pitch.
    Unfortunately they don't have really any toys and/or ride ons.

I was thinking to try other play centres in the vicinity.

Does anybody have experience with jungle den, fun factory, tricky tricksters magic castle or Joey's play centre?

How do they compare to the above?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Playzone and Base in Celbridge are both really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 share bear

I swear by funky monkeys in dundrum. It's lovely for toddlers and has good enough coffee, which I don't always find in play centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Funky monkeys in dundrum is perfect for that age. I've 3 under 5 and they all love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

I think Base is the best of the ones I've been to around the Kildare area. Can get very busy though

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Joeys is great for younger kids. Lovely staff, nice food, good extras like music time. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

For the people who have gone to base, what age would be suitable for a baby, I've a ten and a half month old, standing and walking around furniture, well able to crawl, is there a good area for small babies or is he still too young?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is a baby section there and it would be suitable for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

We went with DD to FunFactory in Naas. It looks impressive but there wasn't too much to do for her age bracket (1 climbing frame and 1 ball pool area). Would go back when she is a bit older.

We will try out base or funky monkeys next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

My friend told me about Fraggles play centre in Rathfarnham. It's specifically designed with preschool children in mind and they have a lovely children's menu with healthy food on it. I'm looking forward to visiting myself, it has a big thumbs up from my friend :)

*Sorry I can't post the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

My friend told me about Fraggles play centre in Rathfarnham. It's specifically designed with preschool children in mind and they have a lovely children's menu with healthy food on it. I'm looking forward to visiting myself, it has a big thumbs up from my friend :)

*Sorry I can't post the link.

I just looked it up and it looks amazing :) I will defo check it out, thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Defo going to try fraggles me thinks!

Advertisement