Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs trust collection in B&Q

• 28-11-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭

I was coming out of B&Q (East Limk business park) today when I was asked at the exit by Dogs Trust Ireland http://www.dogstrust.ie/ If I'd like to contribute.

Fair enough I thought - I like dogs - and asked what were the options.

The guy said I could sign up for a regular contribution ala direct debit or similar, or I could make a once-off donation.

When I checked my pockets for €2,3,4 or even a fiver to donate, he politely told me that the minimum amount Dog Trust Ireland was set up to accept was, I think, €10.00 so I had to sheepishly decline and shuffle off.

Now there may have been a plan or raffle or the like, but I hadn't time to engage at length with them, I just wanted to give them a fiver max. and keep going about my business.

If they were to accept smaller amounts, I believe many more people would happily support their worthy cause but it's a bit high-handed and greedy of them to peg their min. acceptable donation at €10.

Hope I didn't miss something in my haste but I was surprised at any organisation in this day and age asking for a minimum donation. What's their logic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

You'd be better off given your money to LAW .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

jonski wrote: »
    You'd be better off given your money to LAW .

jonski, you're dead right I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭893bet

Noticed them there yesterday also.

Will add b and q to my mental list of places to avoid. Sick of chuggers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

B&Q have different charities in on different days/weeks. They don't support a specific one. I've been in and out of 3 B&Qs recently and noticed the same people on the same weeks in all of them.

Guess it's like Dunnes/Tesco with bag packers. You book your day/week and in you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Find a stray dog and give it to them......

Only joking , I heard that if they have a dog that you like that it costs a fair few quid to adopt him/her....sounds like a $ business

• Advertisement
Advertisement