Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance Customer Care

Options
  • 28-11-2014 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Not naming my Health insurer for obvious reasons. But had an amazing conversation with a care assistant about cancelling my policy and switching providers when my policy is up in a months time. The guy acted like nothing more than a teacher would in school even 3 times asking me if i stopped talking over he would explain to me. This all resulted from a letter received today in black and white saying thank you for renewing your policy with said company. That made my blood boil considering the renew date isn't till early new year. Person then proceeded to try and downgrade my over 1.4k a year premium to one €140 cheaper even though i stated i wanted to downgrade to a much cheaper policy. These calls are recorded hope he gets a gold star for being an aggressive Rogue trader type customer care assistant. Anyways Bye Bye said Company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A 'care assistant' is someone below the level of qualified nurse who typically works in a nursing home looking after elderly people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

A care assistant? Why are they involved in your health insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's quite obvious the OP is taking about a customer care assistant in the providers call centre etc.

Stop the smart ass-ing, and contribute only if you have something to add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Wasn't obvious to me or I wouldn't have asked. It now appears clearer, given what you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the OP wants to ask a question or seek advice, I will be more than happy to make a constructive contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Sorry about my rant looking back it wasn't worth posting. I went through the companies complaint channels and made my feelings know there. I'm off to pastures new like i said in the New Year thankfully.Mod more than welcome to delete this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

/end thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement