Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese takeaway in bray

• 28-11-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

We moved into our house in bray today and will of course be requiring takeaway tonight, the kitchen is a bomb site.

I have a hankering for Chinese. Are any Chinese takeaways in Bray actually nice? We've had terrible experiences with Chinese takeaways elsewhere just being horrible, gloopy, sweet sauces. I'm hoping they're night be a nice one in the area. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You're opening a can of worms when it comes to preferences for things like this but our favourite is Ling's on Albert Walk near the station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Alun wrote: »
    You're opening a can of worms when it comes to preferences for things like this but our favourite is Ling's on Albert Walk near the station.

Thanks - I will look it up! We lived abroad for years somewhere with a large Chinese community and the food was always great - very authentic. Any takeaway we've had back in Ireland so far has been a bit disappointing. We love our grub :)

In that case you're unlikely to find anywhere in Bray that would match up to what you'd get in such places I suspect. There are some more authentic Chinese places in Dublin city centre I understand, but I've never been to any of them.

Ah no, we're not expecting anything amazing or extremely authentic - just wanted to know if any of the local takeaways were relatively decent (ok meat quality etc) or any that were definitely if a better standard than others.

I haven't eaten Chinese in town but my husband was at a restaurant on Parnell Street a while back and did say it was very good - if you ever do find yourself that way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lings is the best, imo.

If you want fancy China Sichuan is the closest :).

• Advertisement

We had Lings. Thanks for the suggestion! It took a bit too long to get to us (an hour and ten minutes - I had a very cranky, hungry toddler) but it was very nice once it arrived. Definitely better than other Chinese takeaways we've had recently. Thumbs up from 4 adults and the little man who wolfed it down :)

Glad you enjoyed it. Friday evenings are always busy which could account for the delay. We don't usually have to wait much more than 30 - 40 mins for delivery most times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Woshy wrote: »
    We've had terrible experiences with Chinese takeaways elsewhere just being horrible, gloopy, sweet sauces.

It's the gloopy, sweet sauces that do it for me!
    Let me know where I can get that please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Delivery usually 30-40 for us too.

Seconds.

Live a sub one minute walk away :D

They estimated delivery of 40 mins but it just didn't happen! They were apologetic but I guess we'll need to remember to order well in advance if we order again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

We got a takeaway on Friday and arrived quickly and was lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Let's Eat In Chinese is fairly decent and delivered quickly (from Sandyford for me, it'd be from Shankill for you) and you can all have something different if somebody wants Italian or Indian, say.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Let's Eat In Chinese is fairly decent and delivered quickly (from Sandyford for me, it'd be from Shankill for you) and you can all have something different if somebody wants Italian or Indian, say.

We used to live in Shankill so we're pretty familiar with it. It's nice but quite expensive depending on what you get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭spuddy

Woshy wrote: »
    We used to live in Shankill so we're pretty familiar with it. It's nice but quite expensive depending on what you get

Are there any good Chinese places in Shankill?

spuddy wrote: »

I haven't ordered from the Chinese in Shankill in years because I never thought it was very nice. Maybe it has improved though?

As said above Let's eat in isn't too bad for Chinese food but we did find it a little pricey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

spuddy wrote: »

Graces Garden above Bradys pub is lovely. Not a massive fan of Yummy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Orchard Court for the Spice Bags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

The Jasmine House in Bray now does delivery - a fairly recent departure.

I've been getting their No 33 (Chicken and Mushroom) since 1979, and I was more happy to go down and collect the food from their restaurant, than to get any other takeaway. Consistently good, in my opinion.:)

Advertisement