Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first bill - E-Mobile have already overcharged me!!

Options
  • 28-11-2014 5:25pm
    Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭

I took out a contract in my local E-Mobile store on 7th November and it took numerous calls and almost 8 days before my number finally ported over.

Yesterday, I received my first bill:

17 days from the 7th November and then for my first full month cycle

I understand that the €24 per month for the first 6 months is applied to my first full 6 months and so I expected the 17 days to be pro-rata based on the €39 full price.

However, I was billed pro-rata based on a charge of €59 per month and then €24 for the first full cycle month.

At no stage when I signed up was I told about a €59 per month price...surely if the full price is €39 without offers, then the 17 days would be based on this?

To make matters worse, the "lady" in customer services was uninformative, unhelpful and verging on being quite rude. When I requested that I speak to a supervisor/manager, I was told point blank "NO!". She also tried to tell me that it was €24 plus VAT per month!!

I went to my local store today and they could no help as they did not know much about the E-Mobile pricing and so they called customer care and put me on to speak to them. Again, the agent did not know, but said that the bill must be correct.

So, I have been billed as follows:

17 days pro-rata based on €59 per month                  €34.26
    1st full month prepayment                                           €24.00
    Usage charges                                                             €2.34
    Total                                                                            €60.60

My first bill should be:

17 days pro-rata based on €39 per month                  €22.10

1st full month prepayment                                           €24.00
    Usage charges                                                             €2.34
    Total                                                                            €48.44

Both of my calls to customer services and my visit to the store have proven to be for nothing...I cannot get someone who will actually do something to address the issue. This is just like the 8 days that I spent calling to get my number transferred over. 

I cannot even get an answer as to where the €59 monthly fee comes from!! All I was told in the store is the plan is €39 per month and your first 6 months are €24....including VAT!

Comments

Advertisement