Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card fraud - Order Shipped

Options
  • 28-11-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I can see one of the orders we received today was from a customer in the Uk who tried 3 different card numbers before successfully placing the order.

The order has already shipped is there anything we can do to stop this before it gets delivered. As far as I understand it I would need the Gardai to give me a warrant to stop the order, because as soon as it is in the An Posts system, it becomes the property of the receiver of the parcel.

Has anybody ever gone down this route? Is going to be pretty tight to recover the parcel before it is delivered to the customer on Tuesday.

Many Thanks,
    -W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

What kind of value are you talking about?

If it's a relatively small amount it might not be worth pursuing this time and you could chalk it up to experience (I know that doesn't help you too much .. )

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Blacknight wrote: »
    What kind of value are you talking about?

If it's a relatively small amount it might not be worth pursuing this time and you could chalk it up to experience (I know that doesn't help you too much .. )

A couple of hundred euros. I guessed their is nothing I can really do. Since it is in the UK can I even report it and get the scumbags in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Woody_FX wrote: »
    A couple of hundred euros. I guessed their is nothing I can really do. Since it is in the UK can I even report it and get the scumbags in trouble?

Report it to both your bank and the authorities.

I've no idea what kind of setup you have, but several of the gateways offer anti-fraud controls that you can turn on. You can also make changes on your own site to / shopping cart to help mitigate fraud, though how easy that is will depend on what you're using and who your target market is

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Are you sure it's credit card fraud, and not simply someone who wasn't sure what was left on each card? (been there, done that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I always double check UK orders.

We did add mastercard secure / verified by visa, but this led to about 30% drop in paid orders because many people forget their passwords so took this off the system.

Now we double check any orders not going to cardholder address and or checking streetview.

Check streetview and see what the address is like - as above, it could just be someone seeing whch card of theirs had enough of a balance

• Advertisement
Advertisement