Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster refund and cancelled debit card.

Options
  • 28-11-2014 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am hoping someone could give me some advice please. I purchased tickets months ago for a concert next month. The concert has been rescheduled and the new date does not suit me so I would like a refund. Per the email I got from ticketmaster I should send back my tickets and a refund will be issued to my payment (Debit) card.

However here is where the problem starts. My Debit card was cancelled by my bank after a security breech on my account.

Per ticketmaster they will refund the money to my cancelled card, the bank will put the money into my account.

However when I speak to my bank (Permanent TSB) tell me that my debit card no longer exists and I should get ticketmaster to refund the money directly to my bank account which apparantly Ticketmaster do not do.

Has anyone been in this position and if you were how was it resolves. ALso if someone had an email address for ticketmaster I would be grateful. I find it easier to have things in writing than just talking to someone over the phone.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

why not sell the tickets done deal or adverts ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have you asked TSB what happens if it does get refunded to a cancelled account?

I cancelled my credit cards a while ago and mistakenly transferred money into the old number over the phone and it went through fine. In fact the old number is still on my BOI online account and I continue to use it to transfer money.

braddun wrote: »
    why not sell the tickets done deal or adverts ie
    They could lose money, and presumably would prefer not to have the hassle of arranging a sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

But surely a cancelled debit card, which LINKS to a bank account, will still accept a refund INTO the account? Any new card, with a new number will be linked to the account as well. As long as the account is still active, the card is irrelevant?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks everyone.

I am not anxious to go to the hassle of selling on the tickets. Going by my luck recently I will probably be scammed!!!

Thanks for the advice regarding the Bank. I think I might call back in and speak to someone else. I can bring up the points that were made here. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

But surely a cancelled debit card, which LINKS to a bank account, will still accept a refund INTO the account? Any new card, with a new number will be linked to the account as well. As long as the account is still active, the card is irrelevant?

A refund to a cancelled card should still work when the account in question is still active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The card may be cancelled but it's linked to an account, which is still active. The refund should go through no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

BuffyBot wrote: »
    A refund to a cancelled card should still work when the account in question is still active
    dudara wrote: »
    The card may be cancelled but it's linked to an account, which is still active. The refund should go through no problem.

Yep, thats what I thought. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hi, just wanted to say thanks again for all the advice, my refund came through today.

Advertisement