Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kalman on Contract Bridge

Options
  • 28-11-2014 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭

This is aimed at : beginners or those with an interest in the game.

Well you are in the right place! Bridge is a fantastic game, a skilful game and a wonderful hobby.
    If anyone would like to discuss the nature of the game of Contract Bridge i.e. hand evaluating , the point count, and the 'Acol System'. When to open the bidding, when to pass, leads, when to overcall and choosing the contract. Game contracts and 'slam bidding'. Major suits or Minor suits or No Trumps.

Over to you,

"It's Your Bid !"

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

Kalman wrote: »
    This is aimed at : beginners or those with an interest in the game.

Well you are in the right place! Bridge is a fantastic game, a skilful game and a wonderful hobby.
    If anyone would like to discuss the nature of the game of Contract Bridge i.e. hand evaluating , the point count, and the 'Acol System'. When to open the bidding, when to pass, leads, when to overcall and choosing the contract. Game contracts and 'slam bidding'. Major suits or Minor suits or No Trumps.

Over to you,

"It's Your Bid !"

THE ‘STAYMAN’ CONVENTION
    Used by a responder after a 1NT or 2NT opening bid, to ask if opener has
    a 4 card major.
    AFTER 1NT OPENING BID
    2 ♣Clubs = Have you got a 4 card major partner?
    Responses to 2 ♣Clubs (Stayman) :
    2 ♦)Diamonds= No I don’t have a 4 card major.
    2 ♥Hearts = I have 4 hearts and may have 4 spades.
    2 ♠Spades = I have 4 spades but I don’t have 4 hearts.

Typically Stayman is used on hands of 11+ points when responder has a
    four card major and game might be possible if there is a major suit fit.
    Stayman can also be used on any hand of zero to 28 points when it would
    be useful to find out if partner has a 4 card major. There is only one
    condition: you must be prepared for any reply from partner.
    (With a weak hand with long clubs, responder starts with 2♣ Clubs and over any
    reply bids 3♣ Clubs. This is the only way to sign off in a part score in clubs.)

􀁺

Advertisement