Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a dog form poland to ireland

• 28-11-2014 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi guys tried searching online but not getting anywhere... can someone help with the process to bring a dog into ireland from poland? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You will probably need a pet passport showing up to date vaccinations etc.

Check this link from dept of agriculture http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/pets/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

I'm looking to move my dog to Russia and I came across this handy website.

Hopefully it helps you with your regulations questions.

http://www.petrelocation.com/resources/international-regulations/ireland

How are you moving your dog? On the plane? What size and weight would the dog be?

I wanted to bring mine with me with Lufthansa but they said my dog was too big and I need to contact a pet moving company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

i presume the breeders would be involved in all paper work passports etc? would you know of any good pet moving companys

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

Are you actually looking to import a puppy directly from a breeder OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

You need a pet passport for sure..and possibly have to put it in quarantine. I know my sister was looking to bring her cats over from the USA before but they would have to be quarantined for a few months, then allowed in..but saying that, perhaps its not as strict if its within europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

No quarantine anymore but they must be vaccinated against rabies and have their pet passport.

Your dog will not be allowed access into the country without it.

If you are going with a good breeder they will know all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

andreac wrote: »
    No quarantine anymore but they must be vaccinated against rabies and have their pet passport.

Your dog will not be allowed access into the country without it.

If you are going with a good breeder they will know all this.

thanks, who would ship them though is there a company?

Advertisement