Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

HJC helmets don't seem to be up to the job of MotoGP racing, Todays fogging issue, Spies leaky helmet issue a few years ago, Qatar this year the lining came away and slipped down.
    And these are custom jobbies made for the riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

When Jorge tweeted about his problem in Qatar, I responded to him to get rid of the HJC and get an Arai... He did not listen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wizard! wrote: »
    When Jorge tweeted about his problem in Qatar, I responded to him to get rid of the HJC and get an Arai... He did not listen :D

..you spelt AGV rong their mait....:P

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Lorenzo should get a helmet sponsorship with these guys. Would be an improvement over HJC.
    http://www.nlo-moto.ru/helmet/predator-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Any images of his visor all fogged up? You could see the riders eyes with the visors they were wearing yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

As Julian Ryder put it on BT Sports - this is what happens when you have a non premium brand paying you huge sums to use their helmet.

Apparently Lin Jarvis read the riot act to Jorge after the Qatar incident.

I liked Cals comment about Jack Miller - if it had been anyone else there would have been a scrap in the gravel !

Infoanon wrote: »
    As Julian Ryder put it on BT Sports - this is what happens when you have a non premium brand paying you huge sums to use their helmet.!

Wonder will Ben Spies come out and blame his lid too...:rolleyes:......Ryder doesnt half talk sh1te sometimes...

Quote from Sportsbikeshop.uk....

Today HJC helmets are available in every corner of the globe and are, quite simply, the world's biggest helmet brand, producing more motorcycle helmets than any other marque. The range now encompasses the full spectrum of helmet types, with the widest selection of graphics, materials and price points

Thats a fair point. HJC have nothing of a premium quality at all really, especially when you compare them to AGV, Shoei, Schuberth and Arai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Have a good one man! Hope it stays dry for your camping but a wet race would suit Rossi:pac:
    You weren't wrong! It only started raining as we took the tent down Sunday morning. I even got a bit of sunburn on Saturday. We had stand tickets for the race though so it was grand. Woodcote B just coming onto the start/finish straight.
    DaveD wrote: »
    Biking it?

I've an early start tomorrow, flying over and renting a car before setting up camp.

Enjoy - weather looks like it might be ok.

C'mon Vale :)
    No, the 4 of us drove over. The car was absolutely rammed full. We had a bit of crack all the same on the ferry.

I have to say it was a great weekend. There's some bark off the machines, with the Moto2 sounding the sweetest. The entertainment in the campsite was well worth the money. I'd recommend it to anyone. We weren't even home and we were planning next year.

I've a few video's to sort out and I might post a few of them here later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Not long in the door - what a weekend.

Flew into Birmingham, hired a car and camped at Dadford Rd campsite. 5 minutes walk to Club corner.

Weather was great on Friday & Saturday, Sunday rain certainly suited Rossi and was delighted to see him take the win. He had huge support throughout the weekend.

It was my fist MotoGP - what a sound off the bikes - TV doesn't do them justice. We stood at the Hangar straight as the bikes entered Stowe where they're hitting over 200mph - what a sight, especially watching Marquez throw it into the corner.

We managed to catch a few of the riders by chance too exiting the media centre on Friday evening.

Will defo be heading over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

tommyboy26 wrote: »

Looks like a heap of stuff, mostly what we've seen already...sad looking at Marco again though..:(

Is there any Moto GP riders with Schuberth helmets?

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Nope. Only car drivers
    http://www.schuberth.com/en/motor-racing/our-drivers.html

Lorenzo previously had a helmet contract with X-lite which is a part of the Nolan group, he had no issues with them over the last few years but since he moved to HJC he has had two issues this year!
    I bet there will be a change of helmet on Lorenzo next race.
    Yamaha ultimately pay him to win races and if **** helmets stop them from winning or podium or even finishing then its not good for Yamaha Racing.
    Spies Leaky HJC in Le Mans also stopped him from doing anything but that year was so terrible for Spies that the helmet thing was really only small compared to the rest of the year.
    I've never seen any other helmet brand have as many problems in racing as HJC.
    I even remember that a few years ago Yamaha were complaining that the chinbar on the HJC was too deep and affecting the top speed by .8kph or something due to drag.

My mistake, they do motorcycle helmets and some of the super stock and super bike riders use them.

You can see them on their Facebook page. - https://www.facebook.com/SchuberthHelmets/photos_stream

What I was getting it at though is their quality over HJC. I can see HJC's days being limited in MotoGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Arai don't pay anyone to wear their helmets. They provide free servicing and possibly helmets. Says it all really.

I own a Corsair V, solid as a rock.

I own an Arai RX-7 Corsair. This is my second one. The first one saved my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Infoanon wrote: »
    As Julian Ryder put it on BT Sports - this is what happens when you have a non premium brand paying you huge sums to use their helmet.

Apparently Lin Jarvis read the riot act to Jorge after the Qatar incident

The main issue for Jorge was that he didn't use the ventilator on Sunday which meant that his helmet was always likely to fog up given the conditions. Also, hadn't heard about jarvis post Qatar. Where'd you read about that?

• Advertisement

Shoei and Arai all the way.

AGV are made in China just like HJC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

frostie500 wrote: »
    Also, hadn't heard about jarvis post Qatar. Where'd you read about that?

Julian Ryder (possible Huewen) said it in BT Sports.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Shoei and Arai all the way.

AGV are made in China just like HJC.

AGV have great quality control though, doesn't matter if they are made in China.

Gintonious wrote: »
    AGV have great quality control though, doesn't matter if they are made in China.

Maybe for race helmets, but their lower tier models aren't up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

frostie500 wrote: »
    The main issue for Jorge was that he didn't use the ventilator on Sunday which meant that his helmet was always likely to fog up given the conditions. Also, hadn't heard about jarvis post Qatar. Where'd you read about that?

Julian Ryder on BT

Gintonious wrote: »
    Personally, I won't trust my life to a chinese product, no matter how good their quality control is. If it is not so good, I will pay with my life.

AGVs are NOT equal to ARAIs and SHOEIs. But, since Italian legends, Agostini & Rossi, promote them (I am not against promoting, they are Italians promoting an Italian company), they are well known, but their quality does not meet the expectations. HJCs are much better in terms of safety.

Take a look at SNELs official list of helmets that meet the safety standards.
    I don't see any AGVs there... Do you? On the other hand, there is the full ARAI line up... Even the cheaper models.

http://www.smf.org/certlist/std_M2015

Wizard! wrote: »

Take a look at SNELs official list of helmets that meet the safety standards.
    I don't see any AGVs there... Do you? On the other hand, there is the full ARAI line up... Even the cheaper models.

http://www.smf.org/certlist/std_M2015

Ahem...........;)

http://www.smf.org/cert

click on manufacturer and AGV.....

Ahem...........;)

http://www.smf.org/cert

click on manufacturer and AGV.....

Did you read the years? The latest model that passed SNEL certification is 2005..

I'm not sold on Snell certification, the testing procedure involves some unrealistic tests in my view.
    Its a US centric test as well, not that relevant for the rest of the world where Snell certification is not mandatory.
    HJC are Korean IIRC

• Advertisement

AFAIK Snell certification is only mandatory in the US for helmets used on track, not public roads.

Advertisement