Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Of course, or not according to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Buy the best you can afford.....dearest isnt always best...look at Ducati..:eek:...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Any news on why Jorges second bike was set up for dry conditions on Sunday ? - the race been red flagged saved what could have been a very embarrassing situation for Yamaha

Infoanon wrote: »
    Any news on why Jorges second bike was set up for dry conditions on Sunday ? - the race been red flagged saved what could have been a very embarrassing situation for Yamaha

I think either way it was embarassing for Georgey boy...much like Crutchlow..:o

I think either way it was embarassing for Georgey boy...much like Crutchlow..:o

Cal was taken out by Miller........embarrassing for Miller, pity we missed out on the scrap if someone else had taken Cal out

• Advertisement

Check out Miller taking Crutchlow out...commentary by Joe Pasquale .....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Then CC took his spare bike out with slicks and promptly fell off on his own.

CJhaughey wrote: »

A bit like Lorenzo...except Cal's mist was red..........:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Cal went back out on wets but it was dry electronics on it so he went back out with full throttle and got pitched straight off

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Great Race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Great Race

Crazy race.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Brialliant...delighted for that secound place...lot of people write him off but what a performance ,considering his choice..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Most entertaining race of the season - enjoyed that!

Just sitting in the airport about to fly home and that was one of the craziest races I've ever seen in MotoGP! It was fantastic though!

I can't think of any previous instance where a crashed rider ended up on the podium.
    Bizarre isn't the word but entertaining it certainly was.
    Mike Webb is on the right track with his disaster planning after Silverstone, it really makes a lot of sense to think through all the variables involved because sooner or later shyte is going to happen and they should have eventualities covered in that case.
    If one rider in Silverstone had formed on the grid the rest would have had to start from Pitlane and thats just crazy in this day and age.
    Bradl had the same deal last year in Sachsenring and look how mad that was.

Loris Baz has retained his ride for the Aragon Moto GP,team mate Claudio Corti is to make way on the Forward Yamaha ride for Toni Elias.

Lots of rumours circulating about the future of Forward and Ioda racing - hopefully both teams will be around in 2016.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Loris Baz has retained his ride for the Aragon Moto GP,team mate Claudio Corti is to make way on the Forward Yamaha ride for Toni Elias.

Lots of rumours circulating about the future of Forward and Ioda racing - hopefully both teams will be around in 2016.
    Forward won't be on Yamaha next year, pity but I guess this years shenanigans stopped them focusing too much.
    The charges against Cuzari have been dropped and even if he gets charged again they will be nothing like as severe.
    Pity, Baz has done them proud this year even with all that's happened.

Forward won't be on Yamaha next year, pity but I guess this years shenanigans stopped them focusing too much

Yeah, no Yamaha's but team should be fine. Cuzari told me that they've been talking to Aprilia which would make a lot of sense for both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Congratulations to Jonny Rea on winning the WSBK championship.

Wonder if we'll ever see him in MotoGP again?

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

He said he was too old, chances didn't come his way at the right time and TBH he is probably right.
    A couple of years ago before he had a kid it might have been a good move but I couldn't see the schedule of 18 races vs 151413 races to be very family friendly.
    I think he'd be best to stay in SBK and just do another few years and see how that pans out.
    Kawasaki will probably look after him pretty well after this year and he has a decent development rider in Sykes:p
    First SBK constructors trophy for Kawasaki in 27 years, not really a big deal for the general public but Kawasaki Heavy Industries and the Japanese take this a bit more seriously.
    I am very curious as to what happened over the summer break, did they do nothing or did the other manufacturers do plenty of development work?
    Ducati seem to have come good in the later half of this year and Yamaha will be back with possibly two teams next year and that R1 has had some trick stuff added to it this season.
    I think the R1 will be the bike to beat next season..
    I should place a bet....

• Advertisement

Yeah, not much chance of JR going to MotoGP unfortunately. He's definitely got the talent but not had the chance. I think that if he had won titles before today there would have been a chance that he'd take a lesser offer to test himself in GP but now that he's 28 he might be willing to remain in WSBK and rack up a load of titles. Either way it's going to be great to see him winning races and titles in WSBK over the next couple of years.
    I am very curious as to what happened over the summer break, did they do nothing or did the other manufacturers do plenty of development work?
    Ducati seem to have come good in the later half of this year and Yamaha will be back with possibly two teams next year and that R1 has had some trick stuff added to it this season.
    I think the R1 will be the bike to beat next season..
    I should place a bet....

The Ducati was always strong this year but the tracks in the second half of the year have suited it. In addition to that they did bring in some major upgrades through the summer and Chaz has been riding really well. It sets up nicely for next year.

The future of Yamaha should be sorted out this week and then we'll know the riders and teams for them but I think that there's only going to be one Yamaha squad next year. Who were you thinking of CJ? The R1 is going to be very strong next year

Yamaha have to start from scratch in WSBK again, so either develop a squad from scratch or persuade a team currently racing in WSBK/BSB to go with their machine.

It would be easiest to run with a team that is running a relatively uncompetititive machine like Honda or Suzuki which are both old designs and not really as good as the Yamaha, Ducati or Kawasaki.
    So, in WSBK you have Crescent Suzuki which have struggled all season.
    and have experience in GP racing.

Then you have Ten Kate Honda.
    Of those two which are both lifelong brand supporters, Crescent is more likely to jump ship then Ten Kate in my opinion.

Then in BSB you have SMR that has lots of experience with Yamaha, and have developed the new R1 quite a lot this season.

So if you take those teams and the fact that they may be able to get their existing riders to ride on more competitive machinery next season.
    You have:

Crescent
    Randy DePuniet unlikely due to age and poor results this season.
    Alex Lowes more likely to stay.
    Sylvain Guintoli possibly, although he is getting on as well.

Ten Kate
    Unlikely to move and Van de Mark isn't going anywhere, Dutch team and rider.

SMR
    Josh Brookes if his results this year count for anything would be a good pick with SMR.
    Broc Parkes seemes to have found a niche in the EWC and may stay there.

Possibles.
    Marco Melandri is a possibility but how motivated is he?

Interesting times in Yamaland for sure.

Yamaha have to start from scratch in WSBK again, so either develop a squad from scratch or persuade a team currently racing in WSBK/BSB to go with their machine.

It would be easiest to run with a team that is running a relatively uncompetititive machine like Honda or Suzuki which are both old designs and not really as good as the Yamaha, Ducati or Kawasaki.
    So, in WSBK you have Crescent Suzuki which have struggled all season.
    and have experience in GP racing.

Then you have Ten Kate Honda.
    Of those two which are both lifelong brand supporters, Crescent is more likely to jump ship then Ten Kate in my opinion.

Then in BSB you have SMR that has lots of experience with Yamaha, and have developed the new R1 quite a lot this season.

So if you take those teams and the fact that they may be able to get their existing riders to ride on more competitive machinery next season.
    You have:

Crescent
    Randy DePuniet unlikely due to age and poor results this season.
    Alex Lowes more likely to stay.
    Sylvain Guintoli possibly, although he is getting on as well.

Ten Kate
    Unlikely to move and Van de Mark isn't going anywhere, Dutch team and rider.

SMR
    Josh Brookes if his results this year count for anything would be a good pick with SMR.
    Broc Parkes seemes to have found a niche in the EWC and may stay there.

Possibles.
    Marco Melandri is a possibility but how motivated is he?

Interesting times in Yamaland for sure.

Check out Wednesday's MCN for a bit of news on the Yamaha situation next year :)
    Ten Kate has resigned with Honda and should be confirmed soon. They'll keep VDM but not sure who'll join him there. I think that there'll only be one Yamaha team next year (at least as a factory supported team)

frostie500 wrote: »
    Check out Wednesday's MCN for a bit of news on the Yamaha situation next year :)
    Ten Kate has resigned with Honda and should be confirmed soon. They'll keep VDM but not sure who'll join him there. I think that there'll only be one Yamaha team next year (at least as a factory supported team)
    OK my guess Crescent as Factory Yamaha team and possibly SMR as a satellite Yamaha team in order to give more feedback for development.
    I think the R1 will give a good account of itself around the TT this year as well.
    Ten Kate bleed Honda Red, they'll never move to another brand.

OK my guess Crescent as Factory Yamaha team and possibly SMR as a satellite Yamaha team in order to give more feedback for development.
    I think the R1 will give a good account of itself around the TT this year as well.

I'd say you're half right for sure! William is going to be riding the R1 next year at the TT so clearly he's not afraid of what Michael had to deal with this year. Although William won't be with Sean Muir, I'm presuming it's with Martrain

I'd say you're half right for sure! William is going to be riding the R1 next year at the TT so clearly he's not afraid of what Michael had to deal with this year. Although William won't be with Sean Muir, I'm presuming it's with Martrain
    I guess roads are a different story to short track but I can't help thinking MD would have been a lot better off staying and developing the bike for the TT.
    Brookes is reaping the benefits from his development in BSB and I am sure a lot of Data went from Milwaukee Yamaha to the Factory to help the Suzuka 8hr effort and they are probably getting a lot back now from the factory after their win.
    WD might have the bike this season.

I guess roads are a different story to short track but I can't help thinking MD would have been a lot better off staying and developing the bike for the TT.
    Brookes is reaping the benefits from his development in BSB and I am sure a lot of Data went from Milwaukee Yamaha to the Factory to help the Suzuka 8hr effort and they are probably getting a lot back now from the factory after their win.
    WD might have the bike this season.

The one thing about the MD situation was that the roads demand that you feel completely comfortable and have trust in the crew. Not saying against SMR but everythng that's been said and that's come out about the situation showed they didnt fulfill promises made to Dunlop about the spec and Japanese support. It's a shame because we all exepected that he'd be mega on that bike. With a year of development it should be quick but the roads (and the success of the fireblade) shows that it's not all about outright speed it's about a comfortable and confidence inspiring bike that makes the difference

The one thing about the MD situation was that the roads demand that you feel completely comfortable and have trust in the crew. Not saying against SMR but everythng that's been said and that's come out about the situation showed they didnt fulfill promises made to Dunlop about the spec and Japanese support. It's a shame because we all exepected that he'd be mega on that bike. With a year of development it should be quick but the roads (and the success of the fireblade) shows that it's not all about outright speed it's about a comfortable and confidence inspiring bike that makes the difference
    I didn't get much into the whole affair, I saw MD on TV and thought WOW he isn't pulling any punches.

I did feel it was a shame though, maybe the factory just didn't have the stuff ready for that early in the season. But you know that Japanese factories don't like their dirty laundry made public and it must have hurt Yamaha to have the bike dropped like that, Face is very important to the Japanese, maybe not to the same degree as in GP but they still watch the TT very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Aragon this weekend. Looking forward to it. Let's hope for a decent Rossi result. Lorenzo took the victory last year ahead of A.Espargaro & Crutchlow. Rain arrived mid race which saw both Honda's crash out. Rossi had a DNF too with an early off.

For anyone that doesn't know, MotoGP.com have a reduction on their videopass, €40 for the remainder of the season. Link

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

That damn midget

Advertisement