Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Pugzilla wrote: »
    That damn midget

Ha ha, I was cursing the little bollix myself. The one time he has a good race......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Those poor decisions by/for Rossi at San Marino will come back to haunt him if he does not win the championship this season.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Those poor decisions by/for Rossi at San Marino will come back to haunt him if he does not win the championship this season.

......and by the same token, the decision by Lorenzo to go into that corner at that speed resulting in a crash at San Marino could haunt him too if he doesn't win the championship.

The world is full of 'what ifs'.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Unfortunately I think Lorenzo will win the championship provided it doesn't rain in any more races.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Lorenzo is going to be hard to stop now. I think Rossi's best chances now are Phillip Island and maybe Maylasia. One thing I could see happening is Marquez taking Lorenzo out in a race. Marquez is going to do absolutely everything he can to get a win or two before the end of the season and in that mindset he often races very hard and although maybe an unpopular opinion, dangerous. Let's hope it's decided without any drama though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    Lorenzo is going to be hard to stop now. I think Rossi's best chances now are Phillip Island and maybe Maylasia. One thing I could see happening is Marquez taking Lorenzo out in a race. Marquez is going to do absolutely everything he can to get a win or two before the end of the season and in that mindset he often races very hard and although maybe an unpopular opinion, dangerous. Let's hope it's decided without any drama though.

He looks like he's trying too hard alright. He could still win races though.

For all the disappointment of Rossi dropping points today to Lorenzo, I think it's only his second podium ever at this track, coming off the back of a bad crash here last year. I think he did as well as could be expected, and in the end was just pipped to third. Not an easy track for him even having tested there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Loris Baz confirmed at Avintia Ducati next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Infoanon wrote: »
    Loris Baz confirmed at Avintia Ducati next season.

Are Forward pulling out altogether after this season? Loris deserves a better ride than that. He's been impressive this season.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Are Forward pulling out altogether after this season? Loris deserves a better ride than that. He's been impressive this season.

They're pulling out of MotoGP I believe but will be in Moto2

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

They're pulling out of MotoGP I believe but will be in Moto2

They were a decent package with Yamaha but I guess with all the financial problems they couldn't afford to stay in MotoGP.

• Advertisement

Marquez has broken his hand as a result of a bicycle fall. He will travel to Japan and have further checks.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/09/30/marc-marquez-breaks-hand-while-training/185984

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Jesus, not a great season for Marquez at all.

If he is absent I am not sure if it would benefit Rossi or Lorenzo more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

I['d say it would benefit Lorenzo more as he's the only one with the raw pace to keep with him when Lorenzo is having a good day.

Lorenzo has injured himself now but insists he will be fine for Motegi

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/223822/1/lorenzo-i-will-race-without-problems.html

Mind games

Nicky Hayden is off to World Superbikes.

https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/videos/10153899835800769/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nicky Hayden is off to World Superbikes.

https://www.facebook.com/MotoGP/videos/10153899835800769/
    Poor bastard, there is only one bike that is as dated as the Honda and thats the GSXR, how the hell will he be able to compete with the Aprilia , Yamaha and the Kawasaki?
    There is rumour of a new GSXR midseason but it can't have been good enough to get Crescent to stay instead of going to Yamaha.
    What is he going to do give feedback to VDM? I can't see him beating him in outright pace and his wrist is fubar.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just retire Nicky, the money isn't worth the embarrassment for an ex-world champion

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Tito Rabat has withdrawn from Sundays race making Johann Zarco Moto 2 world champion.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Tito Rabat has withdrawn from Sundays race making Johann Zarco Moto 2 world champion.
    Not many riders can say that they have won in Free Practice!

• Advertisement

pretty crap way to win a championship

pretty crap way to win a championship
    You are doing Zarco a disservice, sure every rider would like to win the last lap of a tied season but he has been far superior to Rabat all season.
    6 wins 5 second places and 1 third
    Rabat had 2 wins 4 seconds and a third so he wasn't really that close to Zarco.
    mathematically he could have won but in reality Zarco was much better this season.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You are doing Zarco a disservice, sure every rider would like to win the last lap of a tied season but he has been far superior to Rabat all season.
    6 wins 5 second places and 1 third
    Rabat had 2 wins 4 seconds and a third so he wasn't really that close to Zarco.
    mathematically he could have won but in reality Zarco was much better this season.

+1

It's been Zarco's championship for a long time now.

i think Zarco would have preferred to have won it on raceday

i think Zarco would have preferred to have won it on raceday
    I am sure he would, but the win bonus will make him happy as well.
    You can only race what is on the track, these things happen.
    Schwantz and Rainey was another example in 1993.

Will he make the move to Moto GP now?

Will he make the move to Moto GP now?
    No he is staying in Moto2 next year, he said he wasn't ready to move up to the next class.

De Angelis had a nasty off in FP4 this morning. Let's hope he will be okay. Statement from the team seems more positive than the pics this morning suggested.

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/223983/1/alex-de-angelis-accident-update.html

De Angelis had a nasty off in FP4 this morning. Let's hope he will be okay. Statement from the team seems more positive than the pics this morning suggested.

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/223983/1/alex-de-angelis-accident-update.html

5 broken vertebrae is bad in anyones book. Plus a good few broken ribs. He'll be a while getting over that. Hopefully he makes a complete recovery from it.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    5 broken vertebrae is bad in anyones book. Plus a good few broken ribs. He'll be a while getting over that. Hopefully he makes a complete recovery from it.

Of course it's bad but the immediate aftermath looks even worse. Rossi who seems to have seen it said it was a very nasty crash. Hopefully Alex will make a full recovery and get back out on the bike.

Advertisement