Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Very tasty qualifying session, sets it up beautifully for the race.

Hopefully the rain stays away, looking unlikely though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Very tasty qualifying session, sets it up beautifully for the race.

Hopefully the rain stays away, looking unlikely though.

Why would you want that?
    Rossi should do better in the rain.

Rossi seems to have the pace.

I'd like to see a dry shootout between the 2 Yamaha's, we've not seen one all season.

I just want Rossi to win the championship, don't care how he manages it.

I'd like to see him win it too, but i also like to see some epic racing.

Like Rossi's battle with Dani in Aragon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I just want Rossi to win the championship, don't care how he manages it.

Me too, but let's not forget that Rossi hadn't won a wet race in a long time before Silverstone, even though I think he would do better in the wet than Lorenzo.

Arne has a good point. It looks like they are evenly matched in lap times, going by qualifying. A dry race would be interesting.

Well it's pissing down in Motegi. Moto3 warm up has been delayed for 45 minutes so far due to the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Halfway through the race would never have seen that result coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I have to say I'm absolutely delighted for
    Pedrosa's
    win even though I reall wanted
    Rossi to take it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Fingers crossed thats enough to keep Rossi on the tail of Lorenzo and take the championship. 5 points each race or maybe a win will seal it for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Worth getting up early for sure, write off
    Dani
    at your peril, he is a great rider and looks to be coming back to form.
    Those tyres sure didn't like the Motegi treatment.

It seems De Angelis has a intracranial bleed. Let's hope he can pull through this.
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/10/11/alex-de-angelis-undergoing-further-medical-checks/186519
    MotoGP.com wrote:
    Update 11/10/2015: MotoGP rider Alex De Angelis underwent further medical checks on Sunday morning at Dokkyo Medical University Hospital. An MRI was performed, showing an intracranial bleeding. However, this has to be better evaluated, and the rider will undergo a neurosurgical evaluation later on. Dr. Michele Zasa from Clinica Mobile is going to stay with the rider for the next few days, in order to follow the clinical evolution of the patient.

Lorenzo is now blaming the tyres, always has an excuse.

Lorenzo is now blaming the tyres, always has an excuse.

Yeah, the very same tyres Rossi and Pedrosa had on. I thought he had given up cribbing. He drove the wheels off the thing in the first half of the race, and fair play to him, but then gets all surprised when he runs out of tread.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yeah, the very same tyres Rossi and Pedrosa had on. I thought he had given up cribbing. He drove the wheels off the thing in the first half of the race, and fair play to him, but then gets all surprised when he runs out of tread.
    He ran the wings, maybe they produced too much downforce!
    I think the first few laps did for his tyres, and when it started to dry his were toast.
    Rossi is still the master at managing tyre wear and calculating different strategies during the race. Experience or just a race brain who knows?
    His strategy with Pedrosa was an example of how he can turn a bad situation into a better one.
    I would say that he looked fairly exhausted at the end of the race and in Parc Fermé

Phillip Island has arrived, One of my two favourite tracks.
    FP1 saw Marquez looking quick even with a busted and plated pinkie.
    But JL took top spot in front of MM,Rossi, Pedrosa and Jack Miller rounded out the top 5.
    Great to see an Aussie doing well here, hopefully he'll have a decent race and some good mentoring from Puig should bring him home.
    Light rain at the end of FP1
    FP2 saw MM, JL, MV,AI and CC in the top 5 Rossi back in 9th.
    As ever I think the old fox is working on Race setup not just qualifying.
    Bridgestone also have a new Asymmetric tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yep Rossi did not go out on new tyres at the end of FP

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Only just got to see Motegi race, worth the wait :D
    Most interesting outcome for me was that Rossi can finish the remaining races in second and still win the Championship.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Only just got to see Motegi race, worth the wait :D
    Most interesting outcome for me was that Rossi can finish the remaining races in second and still win the Championship.

He is not making it easy on himself this weekend so far though. I hope he can do it tomorrow. Jorge is starting to lose his head too, I'm not too sure how that will effect him on track though.

Laverty confirmed to stay with Aspar next year. They will switch to Ducati too.
    http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224246/1/aspar-confirms-ducati-laverty-for-2016.html

• Advertisement

Looks like it will go down to Valencia.

Well that was nail biting. I haven't seen Moto2 but MotoGP and Moto3 were great.

Surprised they're keeping Laverty, he hasn't done anything to warrant it. Would be better off back in WSBK.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

One of the most entertaining races in years.

Unless Lorenzo finishes well back in Sepang, it's going down to the wire in Valencia!

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

One of the most entertaining races in years.

Unless Lorenzo finishes well back in Sepang, it's going down to the wire in Valencia!

.... or unless Rossi finishes more than 14 points ahead of him in Sepang!;)

Unlikely, but you never know.

We need Marquez to take out Lorenzo and Rossi will be champion.

We need Marquez to take out Lorenzo and Rossi will be champion.

Ah here! LOL. You can't say that out loud!:pac:

There was one or two hairy passes in this mornings race, between Iannone and Marquez I think. I wonder is it up on Youtube yet.

*wanders off to Youtube to check*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Tasty 2 races left on the cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

That was the best race I have ever seen!

• Advertisement

What are your views on the Kent Antonelli crash? In my view it was Kent's fault all day long. He came across the front of Antonelli and left him nowhere to go.

He then came out with this on a live BT Sport interview which made him sound like a right idiot:
    Danny Kent wrote:
    "My hip is a little bit sore, it's a fast corner, but really frustrating," said Kent. "We got hit two times in the race by two Italians – shock – erm, and, y'know, got taken out.

"We could easily have been on the podium in that race and that would've been championship done and now it goes on until Malaysia."

Advertisement