Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

pablo128 wrote: »
    It's akin to my monthly game of darts. I could roar in my opponents face every time he took a shot, and at the end I could be the winner. But at what cost?

Plus the fact I would be lucky to leave without a black eye at least. :o

I'd imagine roaring at your darts aponent is probably against the rules though :D

I don't agree with what Marc is doing (or what Vale did) but he is trying to be as successful as possible and wishing death or serious injury on him is really stupid.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I have to say I never taught we would be having discussions like this in the MotoGP thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pugzilla wrote: »
    I don't want him to die, just maimed enough so that he never races again. Only a matter of time before he causes a serious crash and hurts someone else.

Jeez, some people. Horrible thing to say about anyone, especially when we have people like Wayne Rainey who suffered so much as a result of the sport they love. I think Marc got away with some very reckless riding in his first couple of seasons, was very lucky not to badly hurt himself or someone else, but there is just no excuse for wishing harm on someone over what is supposed to be a sport!

I hope when Lorenzo dumps the clutch his chain snaps (borrowed one from Ducati :pac:) and he moves ten metres before harmlessly gliding to a halt :) that'd do me.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

h3000 wrote: »
    Jesus lads, wishing for people to get hurt is just so ****ing stupid. These guys go out there and risk their lives to entertain us while we sit on our sofas screaming at the telly on how we could do it better. This whole thing started with Rossi and Marquez and as much as they hate each other now I would imagine the last thing they would want to do is to physical harm each other on track. Maybe they'd like to get in a ring together and exchange a few punches but they certainly don't want to kill or seriously injure each other out on track.

FYP :D:D

Kat1170 wrote: »
    FYP :D:D

Some day... some day....

Although my wife won't even let me get a road bike again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Any married man knows that forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission :pac:

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

Any married man knows that forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission :pac:

I just showed your post to her and I got a dig in the ribs :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

This is going off topic, let's get back to me hating Marquez.

“[Marquez's] front brake lever suddenly received an impact that locked the front tyre, which is the reason for his crash. We believe that this pressure was a result of Rossi's kick."

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/224829/1/honda-data-shows-rossi-kicked-marquez.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ah here that's rediculous rossi must have used his bionic streachy leg to reach marques controls

"you can clearly see Valentino and Marc shaking hands after the chequered flag in Australia, acknowledging a great and fair battle"

• Advertisement

The pre event Thursday press conference for Valencia has been cancelled. Very odd decision in my opinion.

Frostie500's tweet
    https://twitter.com/SteveEnglishGP/status/661242959409483776

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

"No actin the bollox out der lads, Marquez I'm lookin' at you ya little pup!"

If they were Irish...

More rumours
    Could Casey Stoner be considering signing a sensational deal to return to MotoGP with Ducati in 2017?

Well, the latest news coming from German website Speedweek.com is that Ducati are quietly confident about securing a deal to sign the two-time MotoGP World Champion to replace Andrea Dovizioso. Despite being away from MotoGP for the past three years, Stoner has remained somewhat active on motorcycles, taking part in private tests for HRC, and of course competing in this seasons Suzuka 8-hours.

http://gpxtra.com/2015/10/27/casey-stoner-back-to-ducati-in-2017/

Wow, I didn't think Stoner would look at MotoGP again particularly at Ducati, they didn't really have the best relationship.

"On 2 November 2015, lawyers acting for Jorge Lorenzo filed a request for intervention in order to be able to participate on his behalf in the CAS arbitration between Valentino Rossi and the FIM," a statement issued on Tuesday read.
    "This afternoon, the CAS informed the parties that Mr Lorenzo's request was denied. Accordingly, the CAS arbitration will continue between Valentino Rossi and the FIM only."

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/lorenzo-request-for-intervention-in-rossi-penalty-case-rejected/

Good man Lorenzo, keep showing them colours of yours. Honestly, his PR is complete bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭lolie

More rumours

As much as some people disliked him I'd love to see him back on a ducati i can't see it happen after the way they ended last time.

Agree with Gintonious.
    As for Sundays race the forecast now is for good weather so the championship fight looks like being a damp squib.

As fast as Casey is, I just don't think I could deal with another moan-bag like him in the grid.

I think it would be good for the sport if there was a non-Spanish rider competing for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Taking bets on whether there will be a wall in the Yamaha garage after JL took MM side in the incident and worse still tried to get involved in Rossi's appeal.

I wouldn't like to be the Yamaha team manager in these last few weeks.

If there wasn't so much on the line I'd love to see them fighting it out on the track with all that bad blood but MM needs to be in front of the two of them or behind the two of them but in *all* cases stay the hell away. MotoGP's reputation could come crashing down in a very short space of time if MM tries to engineer a result that he wants for two other riders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Yamaha's Lin Jarvis responds to Honda chief's 'telemetry proves Rossi kicked Marquez off' statement:

"We refer to the press release issued by Repsol Media Service on Sunday 25th October 2015, titled “Pedrosa wins and Marquez crashes after unsportsmanlike kick from Rossi”, as well as the press release issued by Honda Racing Corporation on Monday 2nd November, titled “Q&A with Shuhei Nakamoto, HRC Executive Vice President”.

"Yamaha would like to express its disagreement with the words that have been used to report on the incident between riders Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez.

"Both press releases included words that accuse Valentino Rossi of kicking Marc Marquez's bike that is something not proven by the investigation of the Race Direction.

"We therefore reject the wording used in the said published statements that do not correspond with the findings of the Race Direction.

"Yamaha has no wish to enter into further discussion regarding this unfortunate affair and our desire is to conclude the 2015 MotoGP season in the best possible way.

"We go to Valencia with the clear intention of trying our best to win what we hope will be a memorable final race with all riders and teams competing in an exemplary sportsmanlike manner befitting the top category of motorcycle racing."

• Advertisement

[IMG]http://image3.redbull.com/rbcom/010/2015-02-18/1331706091800_4/0010/1/1500/1000/4/marc-márquez-is-ready-for-motogp-in-2015.JPG[/IMG]

Time to put the kick thing in the bin. Here you can see that MotoGP bikes are fitted with a guard in front of the brake lever and clutch lever to stop sudden impacts in the case of close racing.

In the name of screaming sh-it could Rossi have kicked this, while at full lean, go around a corner at speed.

The good Doctor has spoken, hahahaha.

LOVE IT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Gintonious wrote: »
    In the name of screaming sh-it could Rossi have kicked this, while at full lean, go around a corner at speed.

If I'm honest, it looks to me like Marquezs bar caught in front of Rossis boot and got pulled forward, if anything.

pablo128 wrote: »
    If I'm honest, it looks to me like Marquezs bar caught in front of Rossis boot and got pulled forward, if anything.

So we can agree then that it wasn't a kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Gintonious wrote: »
    So we can agree then that it wasn't a kick.

Absolutely. Livio Suppo has said there was no kick, Dorna official Javier Alonso has said there was no kick, and Race Directions Mike Webb said there was no evidence of a kick.

If those lads have said there was no kick, well that's good enough for me.:pac:

Just look at the helicopter angle. Rossi's foot didn't leave the peg until Marquez was already going down. Can't be a kick without use of the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Looks like a decision will be announced by CAS this afternoon...

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/662223630839992320

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Guys can you quote the tweets for me please - I can't see them here at work - blocked :(

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

CAS dismiss request by Rossi :(

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/11/05/cas-dismiss-request-by-rossi/188894
    The CAS dismisses request by Valentino Rossi for stay of execution of FIM Stewards’ decision.
    On 4 November 2015, a preliminary hearing was held at the headquarters of the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne in the matter Valentino Rossi v. the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme. The FIM was represented by its Legal Director, Mr Richard Perret.

Following the hearing, the CAS issued an Order dismissing the application for a stay filed by Mr Rossi concerning the decision rendered on 25 October 2015 by the FIM Stewards (see Order attached).

The CAS ruling on the request for stay of execution does not prejudge the final award on the merits of the case.

In appealing to the CAS against the decision of the FIM Stewards, Mr Rossi seeks annulment or modification of the FIM Stewards’ decision taken at the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, in which the FIM Stewards confirmed the 3 penalty points awarded by the Race Direction to Mr Rossi following an incident on Turn 14.

The FIM takes note of the ruling of the CAS.

As a consequence of this ruling, at the Gran Premi de la Comunitat Valenciana, last race of the FIM World Championship Grand Prix, Mr Rossi will start from the last position on the Grid.

Advertisement