Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Pugzilla wrote: »
    What chance does Rossi have of mounting a title challenge next year?

Doubt he'll come close to be honest. He'll be competitive and probably win a couple of races but 3rd at best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Looking back on this season, Jorge was consistently quicker than him. He benefited greatly from the DNF's by Lorenzo earlier in the season.

I don't believe him to have the consistent high speed to mount a challenge and that is before you look at his qualifying performance which probably cost him double figure points over the course of the season.

They both benefited from an off form HRC pairing (Rossi moreso) and next year Honda will be there from the get go and Rossi will suffer from this moreso than Lorenzo.

He'll do well to win a race IMO.

Not sure how things will go on the Michelins, but is is rather fanciful to think that Rossi will benefit from them to the level required (and to the detriment of HRC and Lorenzo) in order to bridge the gap.

2015 was his last chance to win the championship.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Marquez sandbagged the whole race, Pedrosa had the pace but MM ran him wide when he started to make shapes about passing MM and presumably Lorenzo.
    Disgusting, this is tantamount to a rigged race.
    I admire MM's skill on a bike but this has turned me off him for good and I am no Rossi fan.

PS - are there any technical articles online in regards to the winglets on the Ducatis?

2015-MotoGP-18-Valencia-Friday-0012-L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Pugzilla wrote: »
    What chance does Rossi have of mounting a title challenge next year?

I think he has every chance to win it.
    The person that will gain the most from the tyre change tho will be Pedrosa imo.

The person that will suffer the most will be Marquez I think due to the way he enters the corner and uses the front so much, which is never Dani's strong point.

I think Rossi and Lorenzo won't have too much of a problem adjusting .

• Advertisement

Neil Hodgson calling out Marquez on his sandbagging on BT Sport.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

rossi-marquez.JPG

PS - are there any technical articles online in regards to the winglets on the Ducatis?
    They cannot extend past the widest point of the Bike which is 600mm max, They have to break away cleanly and not leave any sharp edges.
    No real information on the effect on grip but they do provide a measurable effect on downforce on long straights such as Mugello.
    This is what the teams are reduced to messing about with because all the other parameters are fixed like cylinder bore diameter etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Cheers for the info lad's.
    Shame rossi couldn't stop that rat faced little **** from taking the title. I still find it bizarre that he was allowed input into rossis appeal, it was an incident between two racers which he wasn't involved in, it's baffling.
    As for marquez? No time for him whatsoever anymore, his antics this season were shocking, don't think I've ever seen the like of it, he should be ashamed of himself.

Hopefully rossi stays at it next year, he had a great season and for it to all end on this sour note would be criminal. I'd imagine if the race was the proper scrap it should've been it'd have been a titanic battle between them. But, no. Ah well.

(also, did rossi get an easy passage through? Or just mill through them?)

Laptimes show a lot, check Pedrosa's pace last lap and the one before that.
    http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2015/VAL/MotoGP/RAC/Analysis.pdf?v1_7092d17a

• Advertisement

Neil Hodgson calling out Marquez on his sandbagging on BT Sport.

Got a quote or what did he say?

Got a quote or what did he say?

Basically they were chatting post race and question was posed about the numerous texts they were getting about Marquez sandbagging. Toseland started to say he didn't agree when Hodgson said it was absolutely his opinion that Marquez was riding shotgun for Jorge.

Comment was to the effect of "this guy is the most aggressive rider i've ever seen by far, he's tailing a rider by less than a second for 15 laps and never even shows him a wheel but when Dani passed we saw the real Marquez snap straight back..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭lolie

Sad to say but probably the best man won in the end.
    If the rolls were reversed today would anyone expect an Italian rider to try and overtake rossi if on a faster bike? I doubt it.

For me his failed last lap passes on pedrosa for 2nd in aragon and on ianone in phillip island ultimately cost him the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

lolie wrote: »
    If the rolls were reversed today would anyone expect an Italian rider to try and overtake rossi if on a faster bike? I doubt it.

For me his failed last lap passes on pedrosa for 2nd in aragon and on ianone in phillip island ultimately cost him the title.

I would actually. I expect every rider to go out there and race as fast as they can.

I do think you are right on where he lost the title though.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

In fairness to Iannone he didn't do Rossi any favours in Phillip Island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Sport is cruel sometimes...valiant effort by Valentino and congrats to Jorge.

Yeah, but...

Lorenzo had 2 DNF's when he was controlling the entire weekend.
    Marquez had a shocker of a season.

He had a large slice of luck at times too. Over a period of a season the best rider wins and noone can argue with the talent, speed and consistency of Jorge. But he is not a good champion.

#VamosDani

In fairness to Iannone he didn't do Rossi any favours in Phillip Island.

True, but i think if iannone was behind him today at the front on a slightly faster bike he wouldn't try passing him knowing it might cost him the title.
    We'll never know.

Yeah, but...

He had a large slice of luck at times too. Over a period of a season the best rider wins and noone can argue with the talent, speed and consistency of Jorge. But he is not a good champion.

#VamosDani

It was 1 DNF no?

Got to hand it to him this weekend though, he was faultless.

• Advertisement

Yes my mistake - I was thinking of the British GP where he dominated the weekend and then rain came along. For some reason I thought he fell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Rossi tearing into Marquez in his presser

Yeah, but...

#VamosDani

Every rider has their fare share of luck both good and bad.
    But those two times he had the pace to finish higher up and add to his championship lead but failed to do so and it cost him in the end.
    Roll on 2016, hope it's even near as good as 2015.

Where you watching that Grim?

Rossi:

"Today everyone has seen their plan, this makes me sad and it's a very bad thing for our sport,” said Rossi. “I do not understand why a Honda rider allows Yamaha to win [the race]. I hope this behaviour in time turns against him.

“Lorenzo is a very good rider, it would be nice to battle on equal terms, but I think even he wouldn't be very happy to have won like this.

“I am sad that Marquez acted as bodyguard for Lorenzo. I had already said on Thursday, I was convinced that they would go to the end [with their plan], I was sure they would have conspired against me, as happened in football [Rossi has referred to the infamous so-called ‘Nordic fix’ match when Sweden and Denmark allegedly conspired to knock Italy out of Euro 2004].

“I don't know if Marquez protected Lorenzo because they are both Spanish, but it's sad he chose to be his bodyguard. Lorenzo has never done what Marquez did. But for his behaviour after Malaysia [when he attempted to join the court proceedings], he deserves to be treated like Marquez.
    “I'm sad, a great opportunity has vanished and I did not deserve this.”

Lorenzo:

"If you see the statistics, compared to my rival [Rossi], we beat him in everything, everything.
    "Victories, pole positions, fast laps, laps leading the race, leading the practice - just in the podiums and the regularity they beat us.

"Also because of the circumstances - some races it rained and when I could [have] finish first or second, it rained and I couldn't get the best result."

"It's just the beginning of my season that was bad," he said. "[That stopped] me from arriving at Valencia probably with 20, 30 or even 40 points ahead.

"And it's clear. Every people who know about bikes, who saw me on the track, who saw me on TV and are not clearly supporting one rider, can see this thing."

"Also because of the circumstances - some races it rained and when I could [have] finish first or second, it rained and I couldn't get the best result."
    :eek: Is he serious? It was the same conditions for everyone. :confused:
    "It's just the beginning of my season that was bad
    WTF!?! :pac:
    "It's just the end of my season that was bad..." - V Rossi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Lorenzo:

Someone should correct Lorenzo. He seems to be under the impression that he was competing in the MotoGp Dry Weather World Championship.TM

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

How are these guys going to be 'teammates' next season?

More interesting stuff from Lorenzo:

“The fact that they knew what I was going for and that they are Spanish has helped me and in another race they may have tried everything to overtake,” said the new champion. “Dani did well because he could have tried a crazy overtake. We are Spanish and the title remains in Spain. If it had been in Italy and with two Italians behind Rossi then it would have been the same.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

More interesting stuff from Lorenzo:

“The fact that they knew what I was going for and that they are Spanish has helped me and in another race they may have tried everything to overtake,” said the new champion. “Dani did well because he could have tried a crazy overtake. We are Spanish and the title remains in Spain. If it had been in Italy and with two Italians behind Rossi then it would have been the same.”

He really should think before he opens his mouth.

Advertisement