Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2015 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Motogp is like F1, its too expensive to compete in which leads to the problem and makes it boring (imo)..The Motoamerica series was "invented" to get more american riders into WSBK which will always be the poor relation to the elitest motogp...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Motogp is like F1, its too expensive to compete in which leads to the problem and makes it boring (imo)..The Motoamerica series was "invented" to get more american riders into WSBK which will always be the poor relation to the elitest motogp...

Dorna have constantly strived to keep costs down unlike F1,this season has been one of the most exciting in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

MotoAmerica was Wayne Rainey and the rest of the KRAVE group trying to save what was left of the AMA superbike series after years of Daytona motorsports group mismanagement.
    Its early days and they are building from a very low racing base but the signs are largely positive and for a big market like N.America its important for the manufacturers to have racing in the US.
    The latest tragedy was a really bad blow to them.
    There hasn't been any US champions since Hayden, Spies looked fast on Superbikes but in MotoGP he seemed anonymous and had an awful run of misfortune culminating in his retirement from injury.
    If you want racers on the grid you have to have a proven route to the top.
    Spain and Italy have an established feeder series in CIV and CEV which allow young riders to compete on Moto3 machinery and the cut and thrust of that series will produce some that can go on and race in Moto2 and MotoGP.
    BSB is attempting to do the same thing but Superbikes aren't the same as Prototypes.
    The UK has a lot of talent in WSBK right now but they seem unable to transfer that talent to GP racing, Crutchlow and Smith are the top guys and neither seem to have the edge that separates the top guys from the rest.
    Settled rules for MotoGP would help a lot in my view, since the death of the 500cc class, we have had 990, 800,1000, CRT, Factory option and Customer bikes all running in the same series.
    That's an awful lot of rule changes in a short time compared to the 500cc two strokes which were stable for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah going to 800cc was a mistake, and produced poorer racing.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

mental moto 3 race so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

what time does motogp race start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

emo72 wrote: »
    what time does motogp race start?

7pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Good race today between the Hondas and Yamahas. The results kind of went in Rossis favour, given that he didn't expect to do well at this track.

What is after happening with Ducati? They started the season so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Where do you watch MotoGP races? Does SKY provide them or another platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

ITV4 show them (usually) every Monday and Tuesday and (sometimes) the following Sunday. Full coverage of the MotoGp race and (very) short highlights of Moto 2 and 3.

Its on ITV4 tonight at 6pm and an hour later on +1

You can get ITV4 on Sky on 'other channels' listings.

• Advertisement

There is no platform that broadcasts them live?
    British Eurosport?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

BT Sport shows them live but you have to pay for the privilege. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Wizard! wrote: »
    Where do you watch MotoGP races? Does SKY provide them or another platform?

To add to what Kat said above..

BT Sport provide live coverage for all practice, qualifying and races across all classes. They also have a magazine type (checkered flag) show immediately after the race and also later in the week. tbh Checkered Flag is a bit crappy but sometimes you get a good interview.

You need to subscribe to BT Sport through Setanta Sports

Edit: I need to type faster :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I was already paying for the worst broadcaster ever in Greece where I lived, so I am sure BT would be much better.

I was already paying for the worst broadcaster ever in Greece where I lived, so I am sure BT would be much better.

These are the channels you would get with a Setanta subscription
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe-flat/index.html

You will need to have a subscription with (Sky, UPC or Eircom broadband) to take a subscription with Setanta.
    https://secure.setantasubs.com/

Thanx h3000.
    I already have a subscription with UPC, however in the above link, it does not mention anything about MotoGP. I only see F1 & NASCAR.

Thanx h3000.
    I already have a subscription with UPC, however in the above link, it does not mention anything about MotoGP. I only see F1 & NASCAR.

MotoGP is definitely on the BT Sport/Setanta package. It's how I watch it every race weekend. If your a UPC customer I think you need to order the subscription though UPC themselves.

http://sport.bt.com/motogp-01381782938496

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Best way is to get The Moto Gp video pass and connect your pc to the tv.

Or if you're cheap like me, just use an illegal stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Danny Kent has been offered a 3 year contract by Pramac Ducati taking Yonnys spot

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Rossi got his act together in qualifying today, 3rd with Lorenzo on pole and Marquez in second. Let's hope for a good race tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Streaming link removed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

C'mon Rossi, you'll have to find something soon!

New sponsor for Crutchlow, a welcome return for the Castrol Honda livery.
    AU1347938.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

^Nice....reminds me of the Castrol World Superbikes from the past. Much better than the all white scheme they have at the moment. Miller's bike looks much better.

Is the new livery permanent? I read somewhere it was only temporary for an ad but given all the troubles goings on in the team I wouldn't be surprised if it was permanent.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    ^Nice....reminds me of the Castrol World Superbikes from the past. Much better than the all white scheme they have at the moment. Miller's bike looks much better.

Is the new livery permanent? I read somewhere it was only temporary for an ad but given all the troubles goings on in the team I wouldn't be surprised if it was permanent.
    Supposed to be for next season as well.
    I have to give Chechinello his due, he works hard at getting sponsors and more often than not is successful.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Really want Rossi to win the title, but it looks like it's Lorenzo's to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Really want Rossi to win the title, but it looks like it's Lorenzo's to lose.

Thats the feeling I get also, Rossi has not been able to get a groove going recently, although he is still the only rider to finish on the podium at each race.

He'll need to change it up quickly.

I am Honda supporter, thus I would like to see Marquez or Pedrosa getting the title. However, since it became a long shot for both, I prefer Rossi getting the title than Lorenzo. I do not know why, but it gives me the impression of a really arrogant person.

Next few tracks favour Lorenzo and the tyres will be the ones he likes not the asymmetric ones he doesn't like.

• Advertisement

I prefer Rossi getting the title than Lorenzo. I do not know why, but it gives me the impression of a really arrogant person.

Having met Rossi..i think exaxtly the opposite ...funny that...

Advertisement