Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breathalyser in a bar

Options
  • 29-11-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, i saw a breathalyser in a bar in navan yesterday, whats everybodys thoughts, id never use 1 to see if im too drunk to drive, cause if u think that, then u shouldnt drive! But me and the lads had serious craic with it!

Why would you use 1? 9 votes

To see if you can drive
    0% 0 votes
    To see your limit
    33% 3 votes
    To see how drunk u are
    0% 0 votes
    For competition against ur mates!
    66% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Nudey Father Jack !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭wally79

They're around a while i think. Good to see Navan catching up :D

But yeah I think they would get more business from lads messing than anything else.

It'd be some craic trying to tell the guard that the breathalyser in the pub said you were ok

• Registered Users Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They're fun to use but I feel in a pub they are just going to encourage people to drink and drive and keep drinking until the device (which might be faulty or incorrectly used) tells them to stop. Also the breathalyser in the pub won't stand up in court when your license is being taken away.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Johnnybecool

Ye but it doesnt print out a recipt or anything so u have no proof if it says u were under the limit, sure does it not take a while for alcohol to set in? Like if u have a drink then use this, by the time u get ti the car it might read different?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ye but it doesnt print out a recipt or anything so u have no proof if it says u were under the limit, sure does it not take a while for alcohol to set in? Like if u have a drink then use this, by the time u get ti the car it might read different?

As if the cops would accept a docket from a pub vending machine to prove that you're below the limit! You can't even prove that it was you that was blowing into the tube FFS.

It will make money for the publicans and good luck to them but I'd be against them for the simple reason that human nature being what it is and we Irish being the type of (session/binge) drinkers that we are, it will lead to people drinking 'up to' the limit and then attempting to drive home with predictable results.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

did you get a new mouthpierce
    you would catch something from it

braddun wrote: »
    did you get a new mouthpierce
    you would catch something from it

If you blow in using the old mouthpiece, it's a fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

What bar? Away from home.

It's a great idea and one I pushed for when I worked at home because people get competitive and try and outscore each other resulting in more sales for the bar. I've rarely seen them used by someone driving

ShooterSF wrote: »
    What bar? Away from home.

It's a great idea and one I pushed for when I worked at home because people get competitive and try and outscore each other resulting in more sales for the bar. I've rarely seen them used by someone driving

It's in the central, not sure if there's 1 in any other bars, but we had a bit of craic anyway :) probably would be more suited to a nightclub! Cause more than likely won't be drivers in there, or is there........

It's in the central, not sure if there's 1 in any other bars, but we had a bit of craic anyway :) probably would be more suited to a nightclub! Cause more than likely won't be drivers in there, or is there........

Is there any more around? In Dublin like?

• Advertisement

There used to be a device in English pubs which involved testing reaction time instead of analysing your breath. You shoved in your sixpence or shilling and then waited for a variable few seconds for a ball to drop at which point you hit the button, the slower your reaction, the more drunk you were.

Advertisement