Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&V and chills, gp closed, who to contact?

Options
  • 29-11-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not looking for medical advice, I'm more looking to be pointed in the right medical direction.

My gp is closed on weekends (typical that I get sick on a weekend so), so who can I contact? The only thing I can think of is going to A&E but that seems far too drastic, ordinarily I would never go there for what looks like a small bug/flu, but I don't know how else or who else to contact? I wasn't concerned to begin with but I just threw up for the first time in years and absolutely the first time in 19 weeks of pregnancy, so that has concerned me that it might be something I shouldn't deal with by just going to bed.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Hi,

I'm not looking for medical advice, I'm more looking to be pointed in the right medical direction.

My gp is closed on weekends (typical that I get sick on a weekend so), so who can I contact? The only thing I can think of is going to A&E but that seems far too drastic, ordinarily I would never go there for what looks like a small bug/flu, but I don't know how else or who else to contact? I wasn't concerned to begin with but I just threw up for the first time in years and absolutely the first time in 19 weeks of pregnancy, so that has concerned me that it might be something I shouldn't deal with by just going to bed.

Any advice would be great.

Care doc or whatever your local equivalent is? Other than that all I can think of is suggesting you ring whatever hospital you are attending and speak to a midwife? They have no problem talking a call in CUMH anyway. Hope it's nothing too serious. Feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Thanks Roesy, I'll have a look, I'm so clueless. I meant to ask at my last appt could I get a number or person (midwife etc) to call if I needed to as I'm not back in the hospital until the end of January, that'll teach me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Thanks Roesy, I'll have a look, I'm so clueless. I meant to ask at my last appt could I get a number or person (midwife etc) to call if I needed to as I'm not back in the hospital until the end of January, that'll teach me anyway!

I think you can just ring the maternity A&E and ask to speak to a midwife. That's the way it works in Cork. I wouldn't have known either only the consultant said that's what do if it was outside office hours when I had an issue during my last pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I found a number in the booklet they gave me at 12 week appt, so I'll call them, thanks.

Advertisement