Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia/Microsoft Phone idealy under €200

• 29-11-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi all, currently on a S3 mini and my wife will be getting me a know phone for christmas. They phone I lined up is a moto g 2nd gen 5"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-5-Inch-SIM-Free-Smartphone-XT1068-XT1068-black/dp/B00NBSZ56C/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417271732&sr=1-1&keywords=moto+g

Never really considered a windows phone but having read around it is something I would consider, what windows phone would be similar spec's wise to the moto g 2nd gen? Front facing camera is something I would need so that rules out a few of the models. I'm currently on tesco mobile Ireland so idealy one that is sim free or easily unlocked. I do also like the idea or the wireless charging station if possible ( I think it has to be bought from the uk to get this for free)

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭bidiots

Obvious choice is 735 for 200euro. You might get the 830 online for just under 300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

yeah the 735 was the one I was thinking about based on price just wasn't sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Agree on Nokia 735. On the Microsoft store they are 245 on sale from 289. If you can get it for 200 then you're in business.

Cheaper option would be 630 or 635. No front-facing camera though.

No wireless charging with those either....

Few 930's on adverts too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You could also take a look at the spec of the Lumia 625?

Are they still available on Meteor for €100?

It's certainly comparable spec wise with the Moto G 2nd Gen with 4G and front facing camera.

• Advertisement

Not many 625s around, great phone all the same. But the 735 has great front camera, wireless charging

this is the best price I can see the 735 for, anyone managed to buy through o2 uk and get it delivered through parcel motel?

@ One Eyed Jack it was the 5" moto g 2nd gen I had my eye on, slightly better specs than the 4.5" 2nd gen, the 4g doesn't bother me too much as thats currently not available on tesco mobile Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bidiots wrote: »
    No wireless charging with those either....

en-MSUK-PDP-Nokia-Charging-Shell-730-735-Colours-E9P-00001-Large.jpg
    €19.90

I was talking about the 625/630

glic83 wrote: »
    this is the best price I can see the 735 for, anyone managed to buy through o2 uk and get it delivered through parcel motel?

@ One Eyed Jack it was the 5" moto g 2nd gen I had my eye on, slightly better specs than the 4.5" 2nd gen, the 4g doesn't bother me too much as thats currently not available on tesco mobile Ireland

That O2 phone might be locked?

• Advertisement

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nokia-lumia-735-payg-free-speaker-charging-plate-129-99-free-delivery-o2-2063238

thats the link, which I forgot earlier, yes the phone will be locked to o2, its free to get it unlocked if you are o2 bill pay (uk) so need to suss that out

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Buying from amazon France managed to get through to credit card details only 4 euro for shipping, there would be no problem selecting phone to be in English? and they would be no extras for shipment couldn't read much of it as it was in french

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Buying from amazon France managed to get through to credit card details only 4 euro for shipping, there would be no problem selecting phone to be in English? and they would be no extras for shipment couldn't read much of it as it was in french

About the phone language - the phone will probably ship in French, but the first part of the setup process is to set the language. Once you select English, the phone will restart and continue with that, so you won't have any issues.

(I have a German Lumia 720)

Still think the best deal for the 735 is the o2 uk offer , but having trouble finding someone over in the uk who can get it for me as they will have to redeem the voucher and have it sent to them and then forward that onto me. If I buy it in meteor I will have to get it unlocked anyway and no free charging plate or speaker.

Still think the best deal for the 735 is the o2 uk offer , but having trouble finding someone over in the uk who can get it for me as they will have to redeem the voucher and have it sent to them and then forward that onto me. If I buy it in meteor I will have to get it unlocked anyway and no free charging plate or speaker.

How much are unlock codes of eBay? Worth while?

about 25 euro I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

O2.ie have some 625's at 129. Still a bit much I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Using the 735 a while now and i would highly reccomend it. The Battery life is superb and the performance is snappy. the front camera is only 6.7 MP but it has the best night shot i've used on a phone, hardly need the flash

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Heard the 735 were small bit sluggish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can you be specific. WP in general doesn't have the same lag as Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

I've come from an S4 and the difference isn't that much. A mid range windows phone will get a lot more milage than an android.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭rumar

Have a Lumia 920 that is now giving me problems after I dropped it. Is the 625 a decent replacement @€;130 or is the Lumia 925 worth €250? On prepay with O2 so limited choice

rumar wrote: »
    Have a Lumia 920 that is now giving me problems after I dropped it. Is the 625 a decent replacement @€;130 or is the Lumia 925 worth €250? On prepay with O2 so limited choice

Sim free 735?

http://www.amazon.de/Nokia-A00021641-OLED-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Prozessor-Frontkamera-Schwarz/dp/B00NW66AUS

Davy wrote: »

Bit more expensive than I want to spend tbh. If the 625 is decent enough I will probably go with that rather than the 925. Both seem to get similar reviews on Amazon. O2 really have a poor range of Lumia's at the minute :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The 925 is the direct replacement for the 920.

The 625 is a much lower model.

You don't have to buy a phone from o2 their prices aren't great and they are all old models.

beauf wrote: »
    The 925 is the direct replacement for the 920.

The 625 is a much lower model.

You don't have to buy a phone from o2 their prices aren't great and they are all old models.

Who else can I buy from? Carphone warehouse have a worse selection

Microsoft store, amazon etc

Microsoft store, amazon etc

Have you a link for Microsoft store? All I see on Microsoft is links to o2, vodafone etc to buy the phones from them

• Advertisement

Have you a link for Microsoft store? All I see on Microsoft is links to o2, vodafone etc to buy the phones from them

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/cat/categoryID.67883200?WT.mc_id=MSCOM_EN_IE_HP_Shop_Phone

Decided to get 925 for €200. I know its out a while but loved the 920

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Decided to get 925 for €200. I know its out a while but loved the 920

where did you get it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Adrian J Lynch

I would choose the 735 for 200euro

where did you get it?

o2 online

I thought it was 249 there

• Advertisement

I thought it was 249 there

20% off with priority moments

Ah forgot about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The 925 is good for 200 euro.

If you were using the 920 then it will feel lighter and slimmer, with a better screen to boot. You might miss the wireless charging but the clip on wireless charging cases are pretty good value recently.

do we expect the 735 to be on a better offer after christmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

do we expect the 735 to be on a better offer after christmas?

It's possible, but just under €200 for an unlocked Lumia 735 from Amazon.fr is pretty good!

• Advertisement
Advertisement