Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meat smoker

• 29-11-2014 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Guys can i ask what is the regulation for having a meat smoker in your garden?? My polish neighbours on both sides have built one and im constantly got some blowing both directions. the pic below is my direct neighbour to our left. Its built under a lot of hedge growth and the smoke waffs in to my 3 yea old bed room. we have tired closing the window but the vents do leave a lot in to the room and house. My wife who is Chinese (im irish) doesn't mind the smell but some times our washing also smells smoky.

11u7n90.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

this is probably better posted in accommodation and property section or the legal section.

My advice would be though give your local council a call their environmental section and they should give you some advice. How often would it be every few days or a couple times a year?

My feeling is if its once a month then leave them go you never know when you might want to have a BBQ yourself or light a chiminea on a summers evening.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

my advice would be make friends with you neighbours and enjoy delicious smoked meat

Advertisement