Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin charges - changes coming?

Options
  • 29-11-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

"The Department of Environment, Community and Local Government, in an effort to encourage improved domestic waste segregation and recycling have opted to change the legislation in July 2015 so that all households in Ireland will pay for the waste they generate by the weight of their bins when full. "

Can someone tell me and maybe others what this actually means for someone who puts out a bin that is usually 75% full of one type of non-recyclable rubbish every two weeks?

((75% full = because leaving it for another two weeks is not a choice I have))

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Previously - one of the payment plan options with Greyhound and City Bin - you could pay a flat amount e.g 170e a year regardless of how much actual waste you disposed of i.e. the weight of the bin was not a factor in the price. Or you couold pay 7e per lift, again, regardless of the weight of the bin.

Now, those options will be gone... you will be charged by weight, and charged even more than previous for black bin versus brown bin. And you will likely have to pay an administrative charge, unclear if that's a single yearly standing charge e.g. 50e, or per lift.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement