Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to motivate you for next year cycling.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Nothing too impressive for me.

Improve my times on the 3 local Duathlons.
    Lose 1 stone.
    Get better at hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

My condensed version.

Improve.
    Win a race.
    Get upgraded in racing.

First one possible. Other two are hit and hopes but still achieveable.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I'll be doing the Race Around Ireland as part of a 4 man team..my first ever road race :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Good on ya lad, that'll be a baptism of fire!...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Did it this year. Baptism it will be.....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

big mce wrote: »
    Did it this year. Baptism it will be.....

The logisitics seem to be at least as big a challenge as the actual cyling :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

colm18 wrote: »
    The logisitics seem to be at least as big a challenge as the actual cyling :eek:
    Cracked it in one. Cycling was the easy part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Minaun will be my motivation. Climb Minaun without having to stop!!

http://www.strava.com/segments/1782188

http://www.strava.com/segments/2573565

Also I'd like to do a spin over 200km. 167km is longest to date so I think I'll be able for a 200km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My aim is to do the ROK next year, increase my solo distance to 160km non stop, I done 120km last Summer and to up my average speed on training spins from 28kmph to 30kmph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Learn to fix a puncture and back on the road in under five minutes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

MPFG wrote: »

This. This is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Build up to my first half-ironman in September - would like to have done a few 100k+ spins before then.
    Get some weight off - could stand to lose around 5kg, with the side benefit of looking great in my wedding dress in May :pac:
    Stop being so bloody slow, I'm only at around 24km/h on longer spins and that's painful to just about everyone else around me.
    Get better at climbing, I'm awful at it.
    Lose my fear of London traffic and start cycling to work, getting a bit sick of daily exposure to Northern line microbial soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

colm18 wrote: »
    I'll be doing the Race Around Ireland as part of a 4 man team..my first ever road race :pac:

Will be doing the above , with the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Will be doing the above , with the above.

You guys doing 2 teams of 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

daragh_ wrote: »
    You guys doing 2 teams of 4?

Yes sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Get out at least once a week and loose a stone. That should improve my climbing.

All depends on how well the new addition sleeps tho. Bed might be the better option of a Sunday morning :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Yes sir

Excellent. We are putting in an 8 person team this year so we won't be racing against ye. Seems only fair as we are stealing a Thinkbiker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Learn to fix a puncture and back on the road in under five minutes :D

I replaced a broken spoke on the roadside last Good Friday. 12min from stop to rolling again...

Advertisement