Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Direction 2015 Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

Does anyone know what GA3 means? I thought it meant standing but on the order it says section GA3 row X and seat number XX?

Is it not just general admission?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

RQ2013 wrote: »
    Is it not just general admission?

same thing i thought but when i go into my order there is row and seat :confused: hopefully someone can clear it up for me?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

Managed to get standing tickets for the Saturday night, but my niece is under 14 so if anyone got seated tickets for either night and wants to swap let me know! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

same thing i thought but when i go into my order there is row and seat :confused: hopefully someone can clear it up for me?! :P

Maybe they're "corralling" it like Croke Park and that's why there's more details on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

Yes they are definitely standing tickets. You still get given a row and seat number even though you're standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

Just checked there and it's the same thing on the tickets I got... section GA3 Row X Seats XX etc...

There definitely standing tickets as far as I know

Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well that was a bit of a sham to be honest. Logged onto the url given in the priority text and there was no sign of where to get tickets, all it was doing was promoting their 'priority' service and upcoming gigs. Surely this is misrepresenting a subscribed to service? nowhere on the url they gave did it say go to ticket master to try and get tickets… fuming to be honest. Looks like illl be camping out on friday night for my daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mistress Meeker

Really disappointed as had my three.ie pre-sale code. Tried to log in from 8.54am this morning but error messages of "not available" and "time out" messages kept appearing. Only got on when all sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Feel very sorry for anybody trying to get tickets for first time. My little one has seen them before (well heard them, the seats were up in the clouds) so pressure was off today for me. Still very frustrating as i had hoped to get a proper view for her this time. Good luck to everyone trying again at the weekend and hopefully they announce another few dates :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Mistress Meeker

So wanted to take my girls as they are crazy about them. It would be their first time seeing them. Will have to try ticket master on Saturday. Good luck too Tasden, will keep my fingers crossed.

So wanted to take my girls as they are crazy about them. It would be their first time seeing them. Will have to try ticket master on Saturday. Good luck too Tasden, will keep my fingers crossed.

That's a shame, keep trying even after they sell out, last time I kept getting not available but after a few mins i tried again and got two. Now they were absolutely awful seats, incredibly disappointing, but this is a smaller venue so you might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

well that was a bit of a sham to be honest. Logged onto the url given in the priority text and there was no sign of where to get tickets, all it was doing was promoting their 'priority' service and upcoming gigs. Surely this is misrepresenting a subscribed to service? nowhere on the url they gave did it say go to ticket master to try and get tickets… fuming to be honest. Looks like illl be camping out on friday night for my daughter

There should be a link on the priority site but if not, you can usually go to TM's site and search for the event and buy them there. I do realise it's a bit late now.

Also, one simple formula everyone should realise when trying to buy tickets for events like this:

Demand > Supply

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

As already said Demand will way outstrip Supply.

I had 2 codes, myself and wife logged on at 8.58am on 2 computers.
    I was trying for Saturday, she was trying Friday and we bot got to the page number of tickets, code, where you want tickets (Seated) for etc.
    Clicked through to password and every time after that we got "No tickets available".
    We changed from 4 tickets down to 2 and still no joy.
    After 10 attempts, the system kicked us out and we joined the rest trying
    to get into the site.
    At 9.45am, we gave up.
    Will join everybody else trying on Saturday but not holding out any hope whatsoever.

A much fairer way would be a max of 3 General sale tickets each instead of 6?
    Ticketmaster would still get the same fees so it would make no difference to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Got 2 standing using the mobile site on my phone after a few attempts at around 9:20

A much fairer way would be a max of 3 General sale tickets each instead of 6?
    Ticketmaster would still get the same fees so it would make no difference to them.

I was supposed to purchase 5 but when I went to select amount was only giving me maximum of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Is there really any point of going to ticketmaster on Sat? Would love to take my 2 nieces. But even if they announce new shows will priority codes get them first(I dont have one). When i tried to get Take That tickets the guy at ticketmaster said that as the 3 areana is so small that radio stations and companies have them all bought up before they even go on sale

priority gets 10-15% of the overall tickets I think which would be around 1400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

priority gets 10-15% of the overall tickets I think which would be around 1400
    Ok thought if someone had a priority code they could buy a ticket as long as they were available. I feel more hope now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Does anyone know how strict they are at the over 14's only rule for standing? Thought I had seated tickets for section G, row A, but now realize these are standing tickets. Daughter and niece, 11 and 12 year olds but tall for their age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

colcatscar wrote: »
    Does anyone know how strict they are at the over 14's only rule for standing? Thought I had seated tickets for section G, row A, but now realize these are standing tickets. Daughter and niece, 11 and 12 year olds but tall for their age.

depends on security on the night... why not look to swop for seated tickets im sure plenty of people would be intrested

These tickets are going to be a tough get, buyers really need to be on the ball.

Anybody with a Three or o2 phone or knows somebody with one (95% of the population) could have tried the presale. Searching once or twice and giving up saying theres none left is also useless, more often than not with big demand gigs like this I'm not able to pull up tickets until around half past the hour they go on sale.

I really feel for the Kids/Parents queuing tonight in the early hours. I'd rather take my chances online/phone and in worst case go to the touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Download the ticketmaster app and use it at the same time. Be logged into your ticketmaster account too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Pingi wrote: »
    and in worst case go to the touts.

NEVER USE A FILTHY TOUT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

These tickets are going to be a tough get, buyers really need to be on the ball.

Anybody with a Three or o2 phone or knows somebody with one (95% of the population) could have tried the presale. Searching once or twice and giving up saying theres none left is also useless, more often than not with big demand gigs like this I'm not able to pull up tickets until around half past the hour they go on sale.

I really feel for the Kids/Parents queuing tonight in the early hours. I'd rather take my chances online/phone and in worst case go to the touts.

Where can/should one queue?

Where can/should one queue?

Outside any of the ticketmaster outlets.

NEVER USE A FILTHY TOUT!!

I don't need to because I was on the ball and got them in the presale;)

I don't need to because I was on the ball and got them in the presale;)

Even being "on the ball" doesn't guarantee anything, having it all set up and ready means nothing if you cant access the site due to traffic. Its luck of the draw with things like that.

There's never any guarantees but its easy to stack the odds in your favor.

Try presale - too late now
    Try mobile site/app
    Try regular desktop site
    Call.
    Dont give up trying for at least an hour.

Those are my tips, haven't let me down yet,

• Advertisement

There's never any guarantees but its easy to stack the odds in your favor.

Try presale - too late now
    Try mobile site/app
    Try regular desktop site
    Call.
    Dont give up trying for at least an hour.

Those are my tips, haven't let me down yet,

Did all of those this time, didn't get a ticket. Yet :o

Last time I just went into the site on phone and kept refreshing til I got tickets about twenty mins after they went on general sale.

Obviously the more ways you try the more you increase your chances but it really is luck of the draw

Advertisement