Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liberal Media: Mocking Violence Against Women, Questiong Rape, & Attacking Families

• 29-11-2014 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

It never ceases to amaze me what the liberal media is allowed to get away with when it comes to journalism.

Had any of these journalists been working for conservative media, their apologies would have been tweeted from the unemployment line.

Recently, Don Lemon of CNN interviewed a woman accusing Bill Cosby of rape by forcing oral sex upon her. Lemon advises her that "there are ways to not perform oral sex" and that, she could have used her "teeth."

Blaming the victim? Does no still mean no? Where are the feminist groups, where is their outrage?

Not sure if I have ever seen a journalist actually question a victim of rape in such a cross examination manner, disturbing to watch.

Just in case you missed Carol Costello's "best minute and a half of audio we've ever come across," have a look at the below clip where a gleeful Costello mocks a woman that was beaten and dragged by a man while her child looked on.

Costello, commenting on the police audio where the victim's words are bleeped out, says "I think that bleep was my favorite part (1:26)," while twiddling her necklace like an infatuated school-girl.

But don't worry about the victim. She was Sarah Palin's daughter. To the liberal media, that allows the subject of violence against women to be set aside.

Last but not least, let's attack politician's families!

During 8 years of Clinton and 6 years for Obama, I do not remember one time where their children were attacked by the media. The same cannot be said for the Bush twins and definitely not for Romney's inter-racial family.

Rather, than give praise for having adopted an African American child in to the Romney family, Melisa Harris Perry instead uses a baby as the focal point for her report skit encouraging others to jump on in and have a go.
    Liberal media bias? There's no such thing.

And ye wonder why Fox news is the most watched cable news network in the US.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I don't really watch any news channels, I believe they are all pathetic and not sources of news.
    But I wasn't under the impression CNN was liberal.
    Fox is the right
    MSNBC is the left
    CNN is just a mesh of random idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

FISMA wrote: »
    During 8 years of Clinton and 6 years for Obama, I do not remember one time where their children were attacked by the media.

What!!!

Stuff about kids is definitely very low not sure those media sources all being "liberal" though.

Hill staffer Elizabeth Lauten resigns after remarks about Obama daughters
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/12/01/embattled-hill-staffer-elizabeth-lauten-reportedly-resigns-after-controversial-remarks/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I don't really watch any news channels, I believe they are all pathetic and not sources of news.
    But I wasn't under the impression CNN was liberal.
    Fox is the right
    MSNBC is the left
    CNN is just a mesh of random idiots.

The right likes to paint the whole "media" as liberal unless they lean right in a big way.

CNN does not have a liberal bias. It's just terrible.

I also find it hilarious how conservatives like to blame the "mainstream/lamestream media". When Foxnews is part of that media.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Unless they willing enter into the politican area, families of such should be off limits from both left and right commentators - there being enough examples from both wings to question why any sane person would put their relations through that spotlight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

During 8 years of Clinton and 6 years for Obama, I do not remember one time where their children were attacked by the media. The same cannot be said for the Bush twins and definitely not for Romney's inter-racial family.

Rush Limbaugh compared 12-Year old Chelsea Clinton to a dog.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Rush Limbaugh used to call Chelsea Clinton the "Whitehouse Dog":

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

There's a liberal mainstream media in the states? Is it Russia Today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭RZoran

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly?
    Because her father is Janet Reno."

Senator John McCain (R-AR) - 1998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

The US Liberal media... Tolerant of only liberal women.

Bashir resigned after his Palin comments.

This is a classic though sexist and anti the military.
    Boobs on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

20Cent wrote: »
    Bashir resigned after his Palin comments.
    And? What about the producers and executives at MSNBC who condoned this being broadcast? It wasn't a live show you know.

Amerika wrote: »
    And? What about the producers and executives at MSNBC who condoned this being broadcast? It wasn't a live show you know.

Bashir fell on his sword did the honourable thing
    . More than the boobs on the ground fella.

Advertisement