Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biased mod

Options
  • 29-11-2014 8:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

Hi, so I've been banned from the 'gentlemans' club. I want to appeal my ban, it's a very scary place, they hate women there and it's full of angry men.
    I want to point out is the unfairness of the mod. He disagreed with my point of view on the thread and then soon after banned me. The mod failed to ban others who were very abusive to me.
    He even removed a long post of abuse directed at me, in this post a lad called Lemming was calling me all sorts and told me to f off. How did he not get banned? Do other mods delete posts of users instead of banning them? Is this kind of biased modding allowed?
    Here's just a sample of the other posts that went unpunished: "You're just spouting more of your poison and making pernicious generalisations" " ARE YOU FU*KING SH*TTING US?!!!!!!" "You have repeatedly spouted bile, bullsh*t, and incendiary sh*te whilst claiming to have "proven" points. You've proved nothing other than just how much mysandrist crap that you can write. "White knights" like you infuriate me with the crap you mindlessly pedal whilst being unable to take a look in the mirror"

That was before the half page lenght post of abuse by Lemming that got deleted by the mod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi Don

the first step of this process is that you have tried to discuss the ban with the mod in question.
    Please confirm you have done this and please send me the full PM exchange.

Please note DRF is to discuss your ban, this is not the forum to discuss action that may or may not have been taken against other posters.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

Hi Taltos,

Yes I tried to discuss it with the mod that I think is biased. How do I send you the pm exchange?

Yes I know it's about the ban and I hope all posts are taken into consideration when reviewing the case.

Thanks,
    Don Kedick.

Right I think I forwarded them all there. Where should I put my case forward showing that the mod is biased?

OK have reviewed the posts.
    I will review the thread shortly. However I have to note nowhere in the PMs you sent me did I see any effort by you to try to resolve this issue with the mod. Ideally what is what is done in these cases.

Let's handle your ban first. If you are still unhappy and still think the mod has a question of bias to answer you may start a thread in the Help Desk, but per the charter there please do not do so until this DRF comes to a conclusion.

OK.

I have read the thread.
    I agree some posters got a bit heated under the collar with you and were appropriately pulled up in my opinion.

There appears to be a flurry of activity around the time of the ban with you being issued an Infraction by another Mod for challenging a mod on thread, which is normally the standard response for a first time offender.
    In terms of the ban though, that is more than appropriate. Your posts are trollish/flaming at best. I am not going to get into the merits of your points but you seem to have gone to pains to say that the 13yr old made a silly mistake by accusing a 15yr old of rape, we both know that's not a silly mistake, not when it's life changing.

Ban stands Don. Might I suggest the following though, on the expiration of this ban I suggest you don't post back again in TGC at least not until you get a grip for the ebb and flow there. Also your claims that it's women hating is disingenuous, a view that having put it out there makes your stance very clear and suggests to me that the next moderator action from TGC will be a permanent ban. Contributing as you did there just fans the flames of extremist thought and does not make for a nice forum. This is not forgiving some of the ott responses your received, but it does explain them.

If you are unhappy with the support of the ban you may request an admin review, however as a final word of warning to someone who only joined around two weeks ago you are racking up a not inconsiderate number of warnings, infractions and bans, there is only one common denominator in all of these so please step back a bit and review how you at contributing here.

• Advertisement

Just look at the way the thread went. I was making my point that it was unfair for the lad to be still holding a grudge against a 13 year old who made a stupid mistake. A 13 year doesn't know the consequences. Now some people disagreed with that and it was fine, I was making my point and they were making theirs.
    Then the first bad comment came in: "You're just spouting more of your poison and making pernicious generalisations." This had nothing to do with the thread and was just an attack on me. I ignored this comment and just interacted with those who were disagreed but were posting fairly.
    Then "ARE YOU FU*KING SH*TTING US?!!!!!!" was posted, in huge writing. I continued to argue my point, I did so fairly without giving any abuse. Then other comments started coming in like "Climb off your white knight horse. It's embarassing." and "No, I will not "cool the jets". So take your condescending "all men are rapists" attitudes that you h ave espoused on this forums contempary and seriously get a clue on life.
    You have repeatedly spouted bile, bullsh*t, and incendiary sh*te whilst claiming to have "proven" points. You've proved nothing other than just how much mysandrist crap that you can write. "White knights" like you infuriate me with the crap you mindlessly pedal whilst being unable to take a look in the mirror."
    That's really nasty stuff and at this stage the biased mod in question came in but not to warn these people about their comments, instead he posted lies about what I had been saying. From my experience with boards it was clear what was going to happen from here, I was going to get banned no matter what. That's when I made the post I was banned for which was this: "What's with all the anger? I never said all men are rapists, I said 99% of rapists are men. Now, with my experience of boards so far I think I know what's coming next. I'm going to get banned. This despite me just sharing my view and everyone else abusing me. I have to say though the anger around here and some of the posts I've seen in other threads it's quite a scary place. There's a real hate for women, well the word feminist is used as a cover word for women. A lot of you have issues that need sorting."
    Now, I'll admit it's not a great post but I knew I was going to be banned and I feel I was being picked on, rightly as the posts above prove. Before he read that post, the biased mod was posting a warning, not to the people being abusive but to me! I responded saying "I seen that coming a mile off", I got infracted for this post and told not to post in the thread again by a different mod. A minute later the biased mod banned me for my earlier post.
    In this post he gave his only mention of anyone else who were way out of line on the thread with this comment: "Lemming, take a deep breath and back away for a while." Now he said this not for any of the previous abusive posts but for one the mod deleted. Can you see any deleted posts? This was a crazy attack, giving all sorts of abuse to me, it was vicious. Is it normal protocol for mods to delete posts instead of banning the person?

Do you want an admin to review this or are you accepting your ban?

Well I suppose the comment in itself can be viewed as deserving of a ban but in light of the treatment I received without mod intervention the ban is very unfair. I don't see the admin going against you or the mod however so I think I'll leave it and make a complaint about the mod bias in the other way you said. Thanks.

OK.
    Admin please close this.
    Don please ensure you read the charter of the help desk before posting. I don't believe there is a case of bias there but it's your prerogative to open a thread if you feel strongly on it.

Thanks
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement