Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying in balbriggan / areas to avoid?

Options
  • 29-11-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I am trying to buy and unfortunately I don't have enough money for Dublin city.. so I am considering Balbriggan.
    I've been reading different threads on pro and cons.. and something I've read is about some estates to avoid.

Do you have any more information?
    I am going next week to view some houses and I would like to have an idea already..

thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Rather than asking people to post generalizations about places to avoid (which can result in posters from those areas being offended, & rightly so) - why not tell us what type of accommodation, services, etc, etc, that you are looking for?

So, apartment or house, number of bedrooms, parking needs, proximity to schools, shops, public transport, etc? I'm sure you get the drift...

That way, posters can advise you what areas to avoid based on your specific requirements.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

Hi,
    thanks for your answer.
    Sorry I didn't want to sound bad, really.

I asked the question because somewhere I read there were places to avoid (not sure if for how the houses are built or other reasons).
    I am looking for a 2/3 bedroom house, with garden, walking distance to the train (and I believe the beach is close as well).

thanks!

Advertisement