Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shoes for black suit???

• 29-11-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

What colour shoes would work best with a plain black suit??
    Should I stick to black with black?

Not for any particular event, I got the suit tailor made whilst abroad earlier this year and have yet to wear it.
    The pants legs are tailored so on the narrowish side at the ankle.

Is medium brown a fashion no no. I don the attached with a medium grey suit. Quite fond of this pair but would they clash too much with black??

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hidalgo wrote: »
    What colour shoes would work best with a plain black suit??
    Should I stick to black with black?

Not for any particular event, I got the suit tailor made whilst abroad earlier this year and have yet to wear it.
    The pants legs are tailored so on the narrowish side at the ankle.

Is medium brown a fashion no no. I don the attached with a medium grey suit. Quite fond of this pair but would they clash too much with black??

Thanks all

I am not going to say anything untoward about brown shoes as most country-guy-folk like the auld brown shoes from what I've noticed down my way :)

You would see guys in black suits going around wearing brown shoes & they can work well imo.

Have you tried them? Do you like wearing them together?
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Brown shoes are fantastic with grey and navy and brown suits. However, with blak I'd always advise going with black shoes.

Btw your shoes in that pic are really gorgeous, jut FYI!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Black suit, black shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

God no, don't even consider anything other than black shoes with a black suit. EVER.

I hope the suit is for some sort of formal event - you should only ever wear a black suit to a black tie event, or a funeral.

The shoes you are holding up are OK (I'm guessing you are in Office) but for the love of god make sure you keep them polished and shiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

God no, don't even consider anything other than black shoes with a black suit. EVER.

I hope the suit is for some sort of formal event - you should only ever wear a black suit to a black tie event, or a funeral.

The shoes you are holding up are OK (I'm guessing you are in Office) but for the love of god make sure you keep them polished and shiny.

Huh? Are you saying that black suits are only for those two events or that if you are going to either of those two events then black suit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Nope, you wear a tuxedo to a black tie event, not a black suit. I think that black suits are pretty formal but you can easily make them a little less so with your shirt and tie choice.

xabi wrote: »
    Huh? Are you saying that black suits are only for those two events or that if you are going to either of those two events then black suit?

Yep, black suits are not for normal daytime wear. You can chose to wear what you want to a funeral of course.

As for tuxedo vs. black suit - tuxedos are worn to black tie events; black suits can be worn to formal events (weddings, funerals, etc). (I realise I stated 'black tie' in my post above).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Yep, black suits are not for normal daytime wear. You can chose to wear what you want to a funeral of course.

As for tuxedo vs. black suit - tuxedos are worn to black tie events; black suits can be worn to formal events (weddings, funerals, etc). (I realise I stated 'black tie' in my post above).

What about a job interview?

xabi wrote: »
    What about a job interview?

If its for a job in a funeral parlour, then sure. :)

Advertisement